English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Some Options are not visible while creating sites.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Some Options are not visible while creating sites.
Some Options are not visible while creating sites. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

This is seshu working with your multisites component.
I have one doubt is your component works in localhost i.e localsystem

i installed the component in my local system but i am not getting all the options that you are showing in the video.
i am attaching the screenshot when adding a new site. some options are missed in the form. can you please guide me in this.
if it works perfectly in my local system then i will implement in live also.

Please reply asap..

Thanks in advance.

Seshu..
seshu
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/06/04 16:30 By seshu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some Options are not visible while creating sites. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
The screenshot that you have sent me by email is totally normal and show that JMS use the context to display the relevent fields.
The relevent fields depend on the platform you are running and also the information concerning the Symbolic Link.

JMS try to only propose the field that can be used depending on the context and to try to guide the user on available functionalities in a particular case.

In the user manual you will also see all the parameters to describe them.
If you read it carrefully, you will see that some options are available when Symbolic Link is allowed.
This is why the tutorial step 4 to 7 help to identify if the Symbolic Link is allowed or forbidden.

In your case, I suppose you are runing under Windows or that you are runing under Unix with Symbolic Link forbidden. JMS only propose the deploy directory when the Symbolic Link is allowed.
I also imagine that you have not yet defined any "website template" as you don't have the combo box to select a "template website". When there are no website template, JMS does not propose the field to select nothing.
In addition, the possibility to change parameters provided by a "website template" are not displayed as you don"t have selected any "website tempate".
When there is no replication, the field that allow modifying the image and media folder are not available because they are parameters that must be saved into the new DB. As you don't replicated anyfhing and therefore don't create tables into a DB, those parameters are not relevant.

When working on a localhost, I also suggest that you read the forum
/forum?func=view&id=303&catid=17#303
It will show you a special procedure to simulate the execution of slave site domain name.
This may be interesting when you want to test a website on a localhost.

In summary, this is totally normal and JMS try only displaying the relevant fields depending on the context and your environment.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/06/04 19:18 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla