English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Partial User Sharing - registration at slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Partial User Sharing - registration at slave site
Partial User Sharing - registration at slave site 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I'm having trouble understanding partial user sharing on slave sites. When a new user registers at a slave site, the user is created only at the master site where it is stored physically. It does not automatically grant access to the slave site - I have to assign the new user manually myself. This is problematic for user activation links.

If I'm not mistaken, the "Save Site ID" plugin is supposed to automatically grant access to the slave site the new user was registered in, right?

Do I have to keep JMS Multisites + Partial User Sharing installed in slave sites? I only install them on the master site. I uninstalled them from slaves to reduce number of tables.

Thank you. Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything after searching the forum.
mattesar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Partial User Sharing - registration at slave site 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want automatically grant a user to a specific slave site and not do it manually, this is possible with the configuration of the "Save Site ID" plugin.
You can ask with this plugin to automatically add the permission required in a list of slave sites.

You don't need to install all the "Partial User Sharing" in the slave site but this is not a problem if you do it.
Some plugins are not required in the slave site and the management of the permission of the user is also forbidden.

So you can just install the required plugins.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla