English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Okay to uncheck RS Form DB Sharing box?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Okay to uncheck RS Form DB Sharing box?
Okay to uncheck RS Form DB Sharing box? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

We created a number of slave sites and have RS Forms Pro installed. I just noticed that if I make a change to the form on the master site, it also changes the forms on all the other sites. I took a look at the JMS settings and found that in the template's Sharing tab, RS Forms appears with a checkmark in the DB Sharing section.

That explains why the forms are all tied together (they're sharing common database tables) but I'm wondering what would happen if I uncheck that checkmark? Would RS Forms stop working on all the slave sites? Would I need to re-install RS Forms and re-create all my forms on each slave site? Ideally, I should get a separate installation of RS Forms onto each slave site so I can make changes on a form on one site and not have it impact the other sites.

Thanks,
Chris
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Okay to uncheck RS Form DB Sharing box? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
If you uncheck the box to "remove the sharing" of RS Form, this will just affect the new website that you will create and not the existing website.

The JMS Template rule is used to specific which action must be performed when a file, folder or (here) DB table are missing in the "deployed website".
Therefore, when something is already created, change the action does not affect exiting sites.
If you want to convert current shared RS Form into a copy of RS Form, you need to drop the links (views) in the DB to let JMS re-create them when you resave the slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Okay to uncheck RS Form DB Sharing box? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks!
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla