English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave SIte Content And Configuration Issue.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave SIte Content And Configuration Issue.
Slave SIte Content And Configuration Issue. 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Admin,

Thank you for this kind of good plugin.

I am new bee in the Joomla. I have installed the Multisite plugin(version 1.2.34) in my website. Now when, I created slave site with all template options(by use of master db, by use of specific templates), I can not edit content or content is coming in the non-editable form at the slave site[Find attached screenshot ref1.png for more detail]. Also, few of the menus like "Global Configuration", "Template Manage" is not coming in the slave siteFind attached screenshot ref2.png for more detail.

May I know how I can manage content and other configurations of my slave site.

Awaiting reply from you.

Thanks in advanced,
Ankit.
ankits
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/04/11 16:28 By ankits.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave SIte Content And Configuration Issue. 10 Years ago Karma: 54
I see that you are using a old JMS 1.2.34
Can you precise on which Joomla version to you use it.
For your information, you can get the lastest JMS 1.2.97 when you login with your account in jms2win.com and apply the procedure described in the Faq to get the latest version.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122

We don't have the screenshot attached - so we can not see what is happening.

When you create a slave site, normally, the content of each website is specific except when you decide to share its content.
Only a limited number of extensions can have their content shared.
Under JMS 1.2.x, there is no sample of rule packaged in JMS. So you have to create them yourself.
In general, to share the content of an extension, you need to create a JMS Template rule where you describe which website you want to replicate and in the "sharing" tabs, select which extension you want to see its content shared.

The sharing is a decision that is taken when you replicate (clone) a website and that consists in replacing the copy of the MySQL tables by a link to the tables. So that the content is unique and not duplicated (this avoid synchronization).
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave SIte Content And Configuration Issue. 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Admin,

Thank you for reply.

I am using Joomla 1.5.9 version and 1.2.34 version of JMS.

In my last post, I had attached screenshots but I don't know unfortunately website had not attached it while posting question.

As described in last message, I have also created one template rule and from sharing tab,selected "All Sharing" option but still the issue which I am facing could not be resolved.

Please find below summary of the steps and exactly what issue/concern I am facing,
Step-1: I have running master site properly.
Step-2: From JMS, I have created new slave site by copying all files and folder the information as a option from the master site and creating all new tables with "site_id" as prefix in the existing database.
Step-3: I have browse the administrator section of new slave site all the content or article information get copies successfully reference with the master site. Just to update you, I have deployed the slave site in the new directory in side the project root copy.
Step-4: Now, in the administrator section of slave site, I have browsed the Article Management where I can see list of all the Articles information. But I can not edit any of the Article as edit link is not coming on the title of any articles.
Then, how I can edit its information?
Step-5: Also, in the administrator section slave site, I could not find "Global Configuration", "Template Manage" in the menu bar. Then how I can edit Global configuration for the slave site?

Above ones is the issues or concern I am facing and I have tried to upload images from here but unfortunately I can't make it. Kindly find below reference urls.

picasaweb.google.com/1140484138091393725.../6002091892523905986
picasaweb.google.com/1140484138091393725.../6002091866250910946

Please guide me further.

Thanks in advanced,
Ankit.
ankits
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/04/14 12:32 By ankits.

Re: Slave SIte Content And Configuration Issue. 10 Years ago Karma: 54
Concerning the "global configuration" and template manager that are not displayed, this is due to the fact that you are using a joomla user with privilege "administrator" and not "Super Administrator".
So if you use a "Super Administrator", you can access the "Global Configuration" and other menu that might be restricted by joomla when using a less powerfull user.

All the issue are related to the fact that you are using an "administrator" and not a "Super Administrator" user.

So login with a "Super Admin" user and you will find the menus.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla