English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

What about domain name management ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: What about domain name management ?
What about domain name management ? 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I didn't find anything about domain name management in the "Billable website creation". Is there any plugin to manage the domain name creation/ordering/payment ?
My idea is to permit customer to build their site in the simpliest way. Ideally with a step for choosing domain name, template, then number of page with for each a few fields (ie "title of page", "text", "image"), then functionalities : slide show, gallery, contact, etc. After payment, i would like the domain to be declared on the server (debian/ispconfig), and the site configured (yes, it's Christmas time ). Do you think your component is the right for me ? What part of the job can it do ? Should i better go from scratch ?
Thank you for your answer
PZ
philippez
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What about domain name management ? 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Up ?
philippez
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What about domain name management ? 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
When using the Billable website creation, there are additional plugins available to help you processing the ordering, payments, ....
Such king of process is illustrated in the tuorial video 14, 14b, ..
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms13x-14b

The workflow that we proposed it the following.
One the JMS site is created from the front-end, it remains in the "pending" status and a plugin can be called to create a bridge with an eCommerce application to process the order and the payment.
When this eCommerce extension confirm the order, an update of the JMS site ID is performed to confirm the website and allows him to become live.

For the 1-jan-2015 and the new European Tax law that require to compute the tax based on the customer localisation, we recommend using the "Bridge for Hikashop".
We also have developed, in partnership with hikashop, a new "HikaInvoices" extension that you can find at www.hikainvoices.com.
This extension adds the functionalities required in HikaShop to process the "MOSS" rules and help in the tax reporting.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...70&category_id=1

So in terms of order and payment, you have the additional extension
- bridge for hikashop
- HikaInvoices for the tax reporting in europe.

Concerning the possiblity to automatically recognize the domain or subdomain, the solution that we currently using is the setup of apache to autoamtically recognize subdomain.
In general, we are using cPanel/WHM to do setup of apache with automatic subdomain recognition.
We don't know the procedure for debian.
What you need to do is probably to recompile apache to add the "vhost" extension.
With the apache vhost module, additional apache command will be availabel and will help you defining automatic rules for the subdomain recognition.
edwin2win
graph

Re: What about domain name management ? 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, thank you for your answer,

Such king of process is illustrated in the tuorial video 14, 14b, ..
The video freeze for me at 30% so i couldn't get my answer...

My question was : is there a bridge with a registrar API to by a new domain name and configure it on the fly ?
I guess not, but your component still looks very interesting for me as a start base.
I'll be back in a few days...
Keep on the good job !
Regards
philippez
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: What about domain name management ? 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
NO there is no bridge with registrar.
Your question let suppose that you would like to also register a domain and create the website in the same time.

JMS does not connect with any registrar.
It supposes that you already own the domain name.
It does not also interface cPanel, plesk or other administration tool.
In other words, if you want to create a website for a domain name, you will have to declare this domain in your server administration tool (cPanel, Plesk, ...)
For subdomains, when you have a dedicated server with root login, it is possible configure apache to have an automatic subdomain recognition. We never tried to do the same with domains. So in current state, we can just say that we don't have any interface with cPanel, Plesk, .....
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla