English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

multisite user access forbidden in master and slav
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: multisite user access forbidden in master and slav
multisite user access forbidden in master and slav 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi I have this error on all site (master and slave):
Access forbidden! Only the website where the data is physically stored can manage the users permissions

How do I enable even just the master site?
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: multisite user access forbidden in master and slav 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
This error message mean that you are trying to manage the "Multisites Users" from a slave site that is under the control of the "Multisites Users".
This extension should never have to be installed in a slave that is under the control of the "Multisites Users" or this would be a security vulnerability that would let a slave grant its access.

You need to access the website where you installed the "Multisites Users" for the first time.
A way to retreive the name of the physcial website is to go in the JMS Tools menu and in the table tabs to put the cursor over the #__multisites_users is probably a link contain the reference to the "parent" website or physical website.
When you have retrieved this physical location, you will be able to know the website where you have physically installed the #__multisites_users table.

If you want to bypass this security rule, you can modify the rule present in the /administrator/components/com_multisitesusersite/multisitesusersite.cfg.php
and put FALSE as below

define( 'MULTISITESUSERSITE_CFG_RESTRICT_ON_TABLE', false);
edwin2win
graph

Re: multisite user access forbidden in master and slav 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I have mouse over the #__multisites_users and it shows the master site location.

However my master still shows:
Access forbidden! Only the website where the data is physically stored can manage the users permissions

I have also realized that whenever I create a user from master site, it wont appear in user manager but it is in the database.
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: multisite user access forbidden in master and slav 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have realised that multisite have identified one of the slave site as master site.
May I know how do i change it?
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: multisite user access forbidden in master and slav 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
The master website is displayed when the domain is NOT defined in the JMS "Master index".

The "Master index" is built (refreshed) when you save a slave site definition.
If you have an error while saving the slave site then ALL the domains of all the slave sites defined are NOT updated inside the master index (it is not rebuilt).

So if you have the master website that is displayed, this mean that the URL (domain, subdomain, subdirectory) is not defined in any slave site OR that you had an error while saving the slave site definition.

Remark: you have to declare the domains with both WWW and without www.
If you want http and https, you also have to define them both.

For example

www.jms2win.com
jms2win.com
www.jms2win.com
jms2win.com
edwin2win
graph

Re: multisite user access forbidden in master and slav 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Where can I find JMS "Master index"?
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla