English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Specific images & templates folders of slaves
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Specific images & templates folders of slaves
Specific images & templates folders of slaves 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

I am setting up the multi-sites environment according to your recommendations.

I have 1 question:

I tried the option to create the specific images folder for the slaves, via the special copy and a specification about the slave's new images directory. However it doesn't look to provide a real meaningful option, as what I got was a symlink for the master's images folder and an extra copied images folder that contained all images of the master. What's the benefit to have it like this, instead of just making a simple copy of the folder ?
Aradise
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/01/24 10:18 By Aradise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Specific images & templates folders of slaves 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Special Copy on the /images directory mean that when the symbolic link functionality is available, this is a symbolic link or when not available, this is a copy.

If you make a copy of the /images directory, this mean that in case where you install future extensions that add some subdirectories inside the /images directory then you will have to synchronize the /images directory the slave site.

JMS does not provide synchronization.
It is based on the sharing.

So, if you want to have specific images for your articles then it is better to create an individual directory like /images_specific beside the /images and continue sharing the /images between the slave sites.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla