English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems (no idea where they come from)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems (no idea where they come from)
Problems (no idea where they come from) 8 Years ago Karma: 0
Hey,

I am having problems. Although I have managed to create the new website via replicMasterSubdomain (at least I hope), the new website shows:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache Server at berlin.international-friends.net Port 80

Also, what should the files for the new sub-domain look like? I currently have in the directory of the new website "Cache", "Log", "tmp" and "config.php".

Also, I cannot choose an OWNER for the website in JMS Multi-site.

I have plesk and a setting open_BASEDIR and the manual says that I should look in Appendix 2 for some help how to set vhttp.conf but there is no appendix 2.

Thanks

Tim
timstohr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems (no idea where they come from) 8 Years ago Karma: 54
This is probably a problem with the open_basedir that does not autorise the access to the master directory.
When you create a slave site, the open_basedir must give the access to the slave site directory and the master directory to allow executing the PHP.

So the forbiden access is perhaps due to that.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Problems (no idea where they come from) 8 Years ago Karma: 0
Thank you very much. We solved the problem already in a 1 to 1 support session. The component now works brilliantly!
timstohr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Problems (no idea where they come from) 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
timstohr wrote:
Thank you very much. We solved the problem already in a 1 to 1 support session. The component now works brilliantly!

What was the solutions?

My situation with the 1and 1 and error, my build is older
I am hosting with 1and1 and just recently (23rd June) have experienced issues with permissions.
First noticed - no access to the back-end of slave sites - 403 error, can login to front-end however the WYSIWYG editor and some component template and functions were no present.
Last update was in March 2016, and sites all worked perfectly until the 23rd.

Running Joomla 1.5.26
php 5.5
1and 1 suggested the (403) result from their recent Apache upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4

It gets worse - I tried a JMS upgrade to 1.3.61, unable to install the patches and can reverse the patches. Checked permission, read the forum, watched the videos. Maybe a cause from the original server issue.

My question(s) firstly, looking to troubleshoot permission issues with host. secondly, looking for guidance on how to continue: Move host and rebuild from back before the 23rd, scrap the existing JMS sites and rebuild (32 sites-yikes) on 3.+ joomla, or is there a way to salvage the sites where they are?

Any help and direction woud be greatly appreciated.
saints
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Problems (no idea where they come from) 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
First you mentioned PHP 5.5 with Joomla 1.5.26
J1.5 is NOT compatible with PHP 5.4 or higher. So your problems may come from there.

Concerning the upgrade of apache, perhaps that you have statement in the .htaccess that would not be recognized.
To check if the problem comes from there, just rename it temporarly to "disable" it and verify if you still have 403 error.
Another potential reason is the "Mod Security" apache module that would be present in the server and that some security rule reject some call.

For your information, we create in 2014 ajmool2win.com that provide the update for J1.5 and we did a lot of fix for PHP 5.4 but we didn't rechecked it for PHP 5.5.
For your information we had to fix a little more than 11,000 PHP notice, warning, error to make it works.
So if you want to continue working with J1.5, we suggest that you remaain with PHP 5.3 that is the latest one supported by Joomla.

Tou also have to consider that the extension installed in your websites are perhaps also not compatible with PHP 5.4 or higher.
So just upgrade Joomla for PHP 5.4 or 5.5 will not be enough.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2016/07/18 14:41 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla