English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New Slave Site With Sample Template Content
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New Slave Site With Sample Template Content
New Slave Site With Sample Template Content 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I have purchased JMS Multisite. I know how to create a fresh slave site and replicate my master site. But, what I really need to know how to do is. I have bought some premium joomla templates if I upload the zip file with sample content I can unzip the file and install the sample content with the joomla install. But, how is this possible with a slave site? How do I install the sample content? Is there a way? Can I just separately install a new joomla site and then make a slave later or exactly what do I do? I'd appreciate it if someone answered this ASAp. I hate my stuff being down.

Thanks,
Greg
gregloucks@yahoo.com
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2016/10/14 00:57 By gregloucks@yahoo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Slave Site With Sample Template Content 7 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Greg, there is no magic stuff that allow unzip a quick start template to build a slave site.

The concept of JMS is based on the sharing of the same Joomla application (php code) and also sharing of the content of a limited number of extensions.

That means that you need to have the same extensions version installed in the master to be able making the slave site working correctly.

You can NOT unzip the quick start template because it may override existing extension with another version and may copy code of extension that are not declared in the master.
The quick start also contain a specific /installation directory with the template data.

So we do NOT recommend doing the unzip of the quick start that will override the files present in the master.

The only solution consists in creating a standalone quick start template and after that you have ensure that all the extensions are present in the master website with exactly the same version then declare the slave site to re-use the standalone DB.
Remark: you may potentially need to also copy some images or more general files from the quick start into the slave deploy directory.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla