English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6
Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I Have JMS 1.3.x install in Joomla 2.5.27. Master and slave sites installed in the separate database.

My understanding of the Upgrade of Joomla from 2.5.27 to 3.3.6 is...
1) Remove /installation directory.
2)From Joomla 2.5.27 upgrade component, click upgrade to Joomla 3.3.6.
3) Go to JMS Check patches and click install.
4) Go to each slave site->Extensions->Fix DB.

Please let me know if i miss anything.
lotustechsol
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
0) Install the latest JMS on J2.5.x before doing the upgrade of Joomla.
1) Yes this is a good practice
2.a) Yes upgrade all components before doing the upgrade of joomla.
Also verify that all the components are supposed to be working on J3.3 - Some might not be compatible.
For each extension, verify in each slave site that the DB structure of the extension is OK. You can also use the JMS maintenance menu to detect potential DB structure issue or inconsistencies between the master and the slaves.

2.b) When all the extension are OK, you can upgrade your Joomla.

3) yes - go in JMS and install the patches.

4) Yes

5) Verify again the global DB structures with the JMS maintenance menu to potentially detect other unexpected DB structure errors.

Before doing any update/upgrade, please do a backup of all your websites.
You can find shell script to help you doing that in our frer download menu
www.jms2win.com/en/component/docman/doc_...ackup-script-all-dbs
edwin2win
graph

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello

I am currently upgrading a website with slaves sites.

Everything was OK until I went to the backoffice of one of my slaves site.
The version of Joomla 3.4.1 was displayed at the bottom of the backoffice but all the template was the one of Joomla 2.5.28.

I went on the Database to SLAVESITE_template_style and changed some values to force the display of ISIS template.

But now, I can't see the toolbars (see the file attached to this message). And there are some database problems.

I tried to fix them under the maintenance menu of the master website but it don't seems to do anything.

Do you have some advice ?

Thanks a lot
skouf
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
If you saw this list of version number, I suppose you were in the J3.4.1 extension manager / database menu.

Did you tried to perform the "fix" present in this menu.

If you told us that you tried to perform the fix via the JMS maintenance menu, this probably mean that the Joomla core one also fails.

When you are in JMS maintenance, verify the version number of the fix that you want to apply. If JMS detect that the DB is declared for J2.5.28 then it is not sure that it will try to fix it for J3.4.1.

Before performing any fix, please do a backup to be able roolback in case of problem.

In addition, personnally, I test the fix on a copy of the website before doing that live. I use the "apollo 13" procedure that you can find at
www.jms2win.com/en/documentation/j-and-beyond-2013

A tips is also to set the default action (top right) as ignore and just perform a specific action on one website before applying on all the website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
when i click the checke db i get redirected to /administrator/\"index.php

Any idea what i do wrong ?

i also whent to /administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=database.fix on the slave site and got

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unknown column 'header' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT `new_url`,`header`,`published` FROM `notimportant_redirect_links` WHERE `old_url` = 'notimportant.dk/administrator/index.php?...w=database.fix' LIMIT 0, 1' in libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:610 Stack trace: #0 libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1239): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php(86): JDatabaseDriver->loadObject() #2 [internal function]: PlgSystemRedirect::handleError(Object(Exception)) #3 {main} thrown in libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 610
jshoeks
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2015/04/24 11:24 By jshoeks.

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The issue that you describe is the one that we reported to Joomla in january 2014 and that they still didn't fixed.
We have published a document in "Migration Jooml" (french)
/en/documentation/migration-joomla
See page 31

Aplly the procedure described in the Bugtracker
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=33177

In fact the problem is that under J3.x, when a DB error occurs, the process is immediatelly stopped and does not give the opportunity to fix other stuff.
In J2.5, such kind of problem does not occurs because it run all fixes and does not stop at first error.
This is a regression bug between J2.5 and J3.x that we reported.
Everybody agree that this should improve the process but Joomla didn't included it yet.

Before doing the upgrade to J3.x, we also strongly recommend that you start from a J2.5.28 because a part of the bugtracker that concern the J2.5 is included in J2.5.28

The problem concern the J3.x that still does not contain the fixes.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2015/04/26 14:02 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla