English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6
Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

eventhough that link not working, i found the fix in the pdf (and i don't understand much french) added it and tried again.

but i still see same errors.
jshoeks
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The fix consists in try/catch the DB error when proceeding with the Fix DB.
So I suppose that you did't applied the patch in the source.

I just hope that Joomla 3.4.2 will finally add the fix in the source.
All I can tell you is that Joomla team viewed it but I can not tell you when they publish it.
I already hope that it would be published in J3.4.1 but not yet present.

The only alternative that I see would be that I include the fix in JMS to patch the Joomla code to avoid such kind of problem.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Doing that, would be a fix in the short run untill it is included in core...

i will check again, but i'm sure i did add the try/catch correct.
jshoeks
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
I was speaker at the Joomla day - Nice and presented the Joomla migration and upgrade.
I also be able to discuss with some people for the publishing of the fixe in the J3.4.2 and I have a good news for you.
After almost 1 year and a half, the issue present in J3.x concerning the processing of the error during the "Fix DB" should be released in the J3.4.2 and therefore, the upgrade could be done directly from J2.5.28 to J3.4.2.

In the current "french" powerpoint - page 34, I have given some "trouble shooting" solution. Perhaps that this will help you.
www.jms2win.com/en/documentation/migration-joomla
edwin2win
graph

Re:Upgrade Joomla core from 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.6 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanx for the info... looking forward to the fix and hope upgrade will run after that.

i'm happy that i did this on a testing everioment cause i cannot get it fixed with the currenct state of the upgrade and the crashed update.

i just hope that 3.4.2 will come out soon then, as my client would like upgrading soon.
jshoeks
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you want to upgrade quickly, you need to use the method C described in the "french" powerpoint and fix the code before applying the fixes.

If you want that we help you do it for you, this is still possible with our billable support that can be ordered at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla