English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas
K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello
I have two sites with shared K2 content, but if I add a item image in one site, the image don't appear on other site. This happens only in item image, if I insert a image on the body of text k2 item, the image appear on both sites normally.
I use JCE editor to edit the text of the items.

www.unifesp.br/k2-portal.png

www.unifesp.br/k2-dci.png

I can't post images here
dti.unifesp
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/11/28 16:37 By dti.unifesp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the images, you need to identify where those images are saved by K2 on the disk.

Once you will have identified the location on the disk, the key element is to identify if the image directory is a shared directory or a specific directory for each slave site.

When using the JCE editor and the Joomla article, I think that the images that are inserted are located from the media manager.
Verify the option of the media manager to identify the location of the images directory.
In general, the is the /images directory but if you have setup slave site to use a specific directory, this media manager / option might be different.

If you want to have the same images in all the websites then you need to use an images directory that is shared. Otherwise, effectivelly, you could have images present in some site and not in the other one.
edwin2win
graph

Re: K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
The images are saved in images directory of the main site, and in the slave site are saved in image folder, that is a symbolic link to the images directory in main site.

Again, if I put a image on the body of the text, its appear normally on the item (K2 article), the image don't appear ONLY in the item image. I need to insert the same image on the other site to show the image on the front of article of both sites.

The configuration of the K2 is the same on both.

When I try to do an image upload, the image manager that open is from K2. The image path is the same on both.

www.unifesp.br/k2-shared-images_folder-path.png
www.unifesp.br/k2-portal-no_image.png
www.unifesp.br/k2-dci-image.png
dti.unifesp
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/12/01 17:27 By dti.unifesp.

Re:K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey

Anyone can help me?
dti.unifesp
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:K2's item image don't appear between slave and mas 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
If your /images directory is specific in each site, this may explain the reason why you have to copy the image in each website.

If you want that we have a look in your environment to help you identify which setup might be wrong and why you have to duplicate the image, this is still possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla