English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Installing extension in JMS using Discover Tool
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Installing extension in JMS using Discover Tool
Installing extension in JMS using Discover Tool 9 Years ago Karma: 0
We had a custom component in one of the slave sites which was not imported when the legacy site was imported into JMS as a slave site. I can't install it in the master using the Joomla Extension Manager. So I plan to copy the extension files from the slave site into the master site. That would be /administrator/components/com_mycomponent, and /components/com_mycomponent.

Then I would use the Discover tool to discover the extension in the Master.

The database tables for the com_mycomponent extension are already in the slave site database. Do I need to copy them into the master database, too?

Only that one slave site will be using the com_mycomponent extension.

Is this a good plan?
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installing extension in JMS using Discover Tool 9 Years ago Karma: 54
When you mentioned "legacy site", I understand a standalone joomla website that you have imported (declared) as a slave site under JMS.

So I suppose that you have the DB of the slave site that already contain the tables used by this extensions.
The things that is probably missing is the PHP code of this extension that does not exists in the master.

To install the PHP code, you can either install the package of this extension and if you don't have the package, copy the files and folders of this extension in the master.
After that, you can effectivelly use the Joomla extension manage / discover menu to proceed with the installation from the files already present in the master.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla