English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Widgetkit not loaded properly (Front- and Backend)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Widgetkit not loaded properly (Front- and Backend)
Widgetkit not loaded properly (Front- and Backend) 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have installed JMS 1.3.36 and several components, including Widgetkit, in Joomla 3.3.3.

In the slave-site, Widgetkit is not loaded properly. Firebug shows the following error:

---
SyntaxError: missing ; before statement

ERROR_DEFAULT_404 PAGE NOT FOUND: cache/widgetkit/widgetkit-80f02657.js<br />U
---

It's trying to load the Javascript-File from the directory DOCUMENT_ROOT/cache/widgetkit/, but the file is located in DOCUMENT_ROOT/domains/SITE_ID/cache/widgetkit/.

When I create a symbolic link from DOCUMENT_ROOT/domains/SITE_ID/cache/ to ../../cache/ Widgetkit loads fine, but I'm not sure if there might be conflicts, if slave and master sites all share the same cache directory?

We are using a YooTheme (Digit) and I have installed and adapted the Patches-Plugin, but Widgetkit still does not load properly.

Is there a way to fix this and keep the slave-site's own cache-dir?

Kind regards -Stephan
iage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Widgetkit not loaded properly (Front- and Backend) 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
With Yoothemes, the WARP framework compute the path incorrectly.
As the WARP library is included in each Yoothemes templates, module, components, extensions then we had to create a specific product (Patches for Yoothemes).
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...46&category_id=1

It is not clear if this additional plugin and if the specific patches for widgetkit are installed (We think have understood that it is installed).

When a path is incorrectly computed by WARP, you have a full path of the master file location that might be present in urls (css, javascript, ...)
An alternative solution to fix the path is to use the "Search/Replace" plugin to replace the wrong path by the good path.

As you have noticed, each website should use its own cache directory.
The change that you did is wrong as the cache value could be wrong depending on the website.

Can you give us the version number of Widgetkit that you are using.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/09/24 12:00 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla