English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Component Install: Another component is already us
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Component Install: Another component is already us
Component Install: Another component is already us 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Component Install: Another component is already using directory: /var/lampp/1.6.4/htdocs/Joomla-1.6-Beta5/components/com_multisites

I get this error when I try to upload and install 1.2.35 in Joomla-1.6-Beta6 that has 1.2.34 installed. Yes, the /var/lampp/1.6.4/htdocs/Joomla-1.6-Beta5 has been upgraded to beta6.

How to get around this error?
greno
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/08/07 02:40 By greno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Component Install: Another component is already us 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
On Joomla 1.6 the installation procedure is different as Joomla has changed the implementation.
You have to un-install JMS Multisites 1.2.34 before to re-install the JMS 1.2.35.
The existing slave site definition remain as they are located in the /multiisites directory that is not removed.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Component Install: Another component is already us 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I removed 1.2.34 and then I was able to install 1.2.35 successfully.

But now there is a problem when trying to save the Global Configuration:

Warning: require_once(/var/lampp/1.6.4/htdocs/Joomla-1.6-Beta5/administrator/components/com_config/views/application/view.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/lampp/1.6.4/htdocs/Joomla-1.6-Beta5/administrator/components/com_config/controllers/application.php on line 10

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/lampp/1.6.4/htdocs/Joomla-1.6-Beta5/administrator/components/com_config/views/application/view.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /var/lampp/1.6.4/htdocs/Joomla-1.6-Beta5/administrator/components/com_config/controllers/application.php on line 10

The version of administrator/components/com_config/controllers/application.php is now very old:
* @version $Id: application.php 12233 2009-06-21 11:58:41Z pasamio $
and does not work with the rest of the administrator files.

I extracted the administrator/components/com_config/controllers/application.php from the Joomla-1.6-Beta6 tarball and replaced the old file.

Now the error has gone away. But what is causing this problem? Is this problem going to occur everytime I install/re-apply patches?
greno
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/08/07 21:44 By greno.

Re: Component Install: Another component is already us 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
With Joomla 1.6 beta 6

This is strange that you have this patch to do with 1.2.35. This error was present 1.2.34.
Can you cross-check that you have correctly installed the 1.2.35.

Verify that you have correctly the Patches Definition version 1.2.41

Normally the patch in
administrator/components/com_config/controllers/application.php
is replaced by a patch in
administrator/components/com_config/models/application.php

The location is now "models" and no more "controllers"
edwin2win
graph

Re: Component Install: Another component is already us 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes, as I said earlier, I first removed 1.2.34 and then installed 1.2.35.

Here is the top of the Check Patches page:
Other usefull tools
- Articles Sharing for JMS
- Multi Sites Menu Item for JMS
- Free Search/Replace plugin
- Free Multi Sites Google Analytics module
- FAQ component native 1.5
Joomla Multi Sites version: 1.2.35 (Latest available: 1.2.35)
Patches definition version: 1.2.41 (Latest available: 1.2.41)

When I check under 'models' the application.php is a much newer entirely different file than under 'controllers' and there are lots of differences between them:
< class ConfigControllerApplication extends JController
---
> class ConfigModelApplication extends JModelForm
greno
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Controller and model are totally different sources.

Normally, the controller should not be modified in Joomla 1.6 beta x (x because I don't remember starting with new x where this been modified).
Now you should only have the model patch.
It seems that the controller contain the older code that might be resulting of the latest backup performed by JMS.

I have not yet clearly identified the scenarion to reproduce it but I can tell you that I were able to do it at least once as I have a test environment that contain the problem.

Normally the controller/administrator.php file should have a size +/- 6K and not 23K as you probably have one.
So restore the file from the Joomla 1.6 distribution file and that it should solve the problem.

I think (but not yet sure) that the problem occurs when uninstalling JMS Multisites and un-installing the patches. In some case, I have a resue procedure to restore files that might not be correct (or suppose be correct). I still find an occurence of the original controller/application.php file that might explain the problem.

Sorry for the problem.
Thank you for your helping us improve the 1.6 implementation and your post in the forum. As we wrote in the releasse not we still consider the 1.6 implementation as an alpha version.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla