This "hello."zip file is designed to help you test your DNS configuration when you want to share the same Joomla Installation between multiple website.
The objective of this "Hello World" is to install a file "hello.txt" on your master website and check if you can also see this file from the slave websites.
Whe you arrive to share this "hello.txt" file between multiple domain or sub-domain, this mean that Joomla Multi Sites will be able to manage those multiple website each websites independently like if they was installed in different Joomla Installation.
The "hello.zip" file contain:
- hello.txt : This file contain "Hello world";
- hello.php : This file is a php script that:
- display the text "Hello world script";
- display the current path where it is installed
- test if the Symbolic Links are available on your environment
This last point is important when your different domains are located and defined into separated directories.
In this case, the Symbolic Links could be (conditional) used to create a bridge between the master directory and the slave directory. Perhaps you will encounter permission problem to create the bridge between the master and slave directory.
- When the slave sites is located into another directory than the master website AND the Symbolic Links is present, this script also allow to test the creation of a Symbolic Link between the Slave Site and the Master Website.
This allows you to verify if the Joomla Multi Site Symbolic Link feature present in the version 1.1.x can be used.
If you want to see a sample of results of those scripts and therefore the expected results here are some links that you can use.Slave website URL
Master website URL:
Notice the both Master and Slave websites display exactly the same "The current path is".
This is because the DNS share the SAME path (share the same joomla installation - share the same files and folders)