English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: slave site creation
Re:slave site creation 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
actual problem is how to get seperate database and template for master and slave.

Here both slave and master using same data base and template.
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:slave site creation 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
This is a new request now.

Concerning the DB with fresh joomla install, up to you to provide a new DB connection parameters (host name, db name, login, password and table prefix).

You can follow the tutorial that show you how to configure a fresh Joomla.
This is the standard Joomla method to specify a new DB connection.

If you want to replicate (clone) a website into another DB, see how to use the JMS template in the tutorial step 13.

If you want to provide a specific themes (template) folder, you have to enter the full path in the JMS slave site definition.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/20 11:49 By edwin2win.

hi,

i'm very much familiar with installing fresh joomla instance.

i've a new instance of joomla with JMS and i could create the virtual directory for slave site. the master site is the root of IIS on port 80.

csd.bodhtree.co.in (master)
csd.bodhtree.co.in/site1 (slave)

both are pointing to same source (that is the master site), how do i make my slave site point to a new site with its own data?

i could create the slave site from JMS admin, which in turn created the new tables with prefix as "site1_" in the same master database.

please advice, i'm waiting.

thanks in advance.
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

why don't you give a video or visual example of creating the slave site for windows platform, similar to the one you gave for linux.

I think its unfair not to provide any video demo for windows platform, which could resolve our problem and save the billed support in this recession. we have done every single thing mentioned in the document but of no use on windows with iis.

you can see the messages we have been posting here which shows the urgency we have to make this component working.

hope to get some clean steps for iis on windows from you to put and end to this.

to reiterate our goal, which is to create a slave site with its own template and database.

the process of site creation in JMS is creating the slave site folder "site1" in "multisites" subfolder and also copy of database tables in master database with "site1_" prefix, but when we browse the slave site site.com/site1 is pointing to the master site data and its template. how do we map the site1 to its own template and own set of database tables having prefix as "site1_"

do you think there is some configuration of JMS which did is missing and causing this issue?

can you tell us what are the key configurations apart from the slave site creation process from JMS admin which we need to recheck?

we are very positive on getting a solution, looking forward for your reply.

regards
hassan
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:slave site creation 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Simply in give a new table prefix or a new DB when you execute the Joomla Installation.
You have the parameters to enter.
As all the content is located into the DB, you just have to provide a setting for the DB connection.

You say that you are familar with Joomla installation.
You should know that you have a form to enter the DB connection.
Just provide new information and the slave site will have its own data (database or table prefix).
That all.

You can of course use the same DB and just provide a new table prefix (ie site1_)

I STRONGLY suggest that you read the user manual.
There is a chapter that explain the possible architecture.
I have also provide figures to illustrate the cases.
(Same DB and Different table prefix, Two DB and as many DB as you have slave sites).

I repeat again:
- When usinga fresh installation, you have to provide the DB connection in the joomla installation
- When replicating a website, you have to create a rule using the procedure as illustrated in the video of tutorial step 13.
edwin2win
graph

let me take you through the process from the start.

1. installed joomla 1.5.12 (while installing gave the db connection and jos_ as prefix for main joomla installation database tables)
2. Joomla main site (master) is working fine
3. installed multi sites (JMS) component
4. went to JMS admin > clicked on New then gave site id "site1" and domain name as csd.bodhtree.co.in/site1
5. on this screen master site directory was showing as the root directory path of "master website"
6. under the option "Replicate the tables from an existing DB prefix into a new tables prefix using the same DB", i chose Master Db and then gave the prefix as "site1_" in the prefix column
7. for media / images / template i gave values like {site_dir}\media, {site_dir}\images, {site_dir}\templates
8. this create a subfolder "site1" in "multisites" folder which is in the joomla root
9. I already had the "site1" virtual directory pointing to the joomla master (root of joomla main intallation)
10. There is no other installation process i ran other than installing main Joomla site

here is my admin access.
csd.bodhtree.co.in/administrator
user: admin
pwd: admin

what am i missing.

regards
hassan
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla