English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: New Slave site doesnt install joomla
Re: New Slave site doesnt install joomla 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
The trick with hello.php is already tried and works.
Check it: handbook.ricadvst.leftbrain.net/hello.php
I have read the logs - and no error of any kind is registered...
The installation goes smoothly, the new folder is created, as far as I know the correct files are placed there...
The site is hosted at Rochen and those guys are supposedly know how to set up a Joomla friendly hosting... I use them since my first Joomla site - which has been created within a week after the first ever Joomla pack was released. But if you wish to take a look, I can grant you FULL access to everything. I am clueless, time is running out, and instead of cache in, I am in the real danger of loosing the project (an money paid to you with that).
webgobe
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male webgobe Joomla Tips webgobe@gmail.com webgobe webgobe Birthday: 01/18
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs. If you want a great looking, handmade, custom-tailored Joomla site, look no further.
"Like a fine wine... Good from the start and getting better over time."

Re: New Slave site doesnt install joomla 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want that we connect on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

In the current state, I can just imagine a problem of permission to access or execute the file.

With the "hello.php", you can try create a link in the "slave site" directory and check if it works.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/01/22 12:00 By edwin2win.

I just repeated the procedure of creating the master link using the hello.php, as described in your article, here's the output:
Code:

The creation of the 'master_link' directory is successfull
You have now a link [/home/ricadvst/public_html/multisites/handbook/master_link] -> [/home/ricadvst/public_html/multisites/handbook]
You can try to use the URL like http://www.slave.com/master_link/hello.txt

And the link is working:
handbook.ricadvst.leftbrain.net/master_link/hello.txt
Obviously is not a permissions problem. Also I have looked around in ALL error logs, nothing relevant is found. So, I am really clueless.
webgobe
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male webgobe Joomla Tips webgobe@gmail.com webgobe webgobe Birthday: 01/18
Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs. If you want a great looking, handmade, custom-tailored Joomla site, look no further.

After playing around A LOT found one single way to make it work:
by creating a Template, then using that to set up the new slave site. And here again played a lot around until I found a working solution... but, anyway, found the working combo.
You should update your manual and videos - at least in my particular case most of procedures written/shown simply aren't working.
And I am sure, that nor the hosting setup I use (What a heck, if even Rochen can't offer a Joomla friendly hosting... who else can?) nor my level of knowledge/expertise is to blame.
The reality a user experience by using your (otherwise wonderful) software is not matching your documentation and tutorial videos.
webgobe
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: New Slave site doesnt install joomla 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The settings that we provided in our video should work on many hosting and we presented the case of subdirectory to simplify the hosting settings.

I don't know which parameters you setup in a JMS Templates to make it works.
Perhaps you could document it here to help the other customers who would encounter a similar problem.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla