English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD
Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I've a problem with the view 'List all slave sites' that give me always a wsod without errors or some debug information.

In the error.log Joomla! report nothing the same in access.log

In a local machine where I've tested it I've the same problem. I thought that could be a problem of pick of memory and for this I modify the php.ini memory_limit to 256MB but nothing.

Displaing errors from Joomla!, nothing... Enabling debug from Joomla! nothing... With Firebug nothing...

At last, I try to insert code of debug in the view, but it was blocked when it check if the user is a superuser... After I tried to bypass it, it stopped after a line more of code.

I read a post where you explain that could be a problem of the machine but In the local machine I've no limits but it gave me ever a White screen without any type of information!

I've no idea where is the problem... could you help me please???
wfi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD 10 Years ago Karma: 54
I suppose that WSOD is white screen (or blank page).
Your feeling is good and this must be a PHP Fatal error somewhere that is not reveal.

Our experience show that sometime, some PHP Fatal error might be hidden and not displayed when a @ is used in an include or that display error level is reduced.

Here, I see that you tried to enable the Joomla debug mode to try get more info without success. Did you do that with the latest version of JMS ?
Do you use the JMS 1.3.33 or another version.

A potential cause of error could be a problem with the connection on the DB of a slave site but if you can list all the slave site from the back-end, this should not be the cause.

If you have a problem in the display of the list of all slave site in the front-end, I suggest that you try to select another layout to see if you have the same error will all the layout. Perhaps this is related to a specific layout.
Can you tell us which layout you use to display the "list of all slave sites".
edwin2win
graph

Re: Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, Thank you for your answer!

Yes, wsod is a blank page without any type of advices or errors shown by system.

I thought the same, because I check the DB for some errors first, but the view on back-end is perfect without any type of problem.
I am working for now with the protostar template, default for Joomla! and for the link type "List all slave sites" I tried the both layout I have: the "default" and the "Black" layout without any difference.
The result is a blank page in the both cases.

I thought that could be a problem of filtering by group but without a filter it give me the same: the blank page.

Could be some problem of permissions settings in the component?

My Multisites version is the 1.3.29

Regards
wfi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
If you can display the list of slave site in the back-end then the problem to display the list in the front-end would not be related to the DB connection because they use the same code to do it.

So if the problem is present in the front-end, this must be a problem when displaying the list and not to compute the list.

Try update your JMS and enable the debug mode present in joomla.
In the JMS 1.3.30 we have introduced the possibility to display more info when the joomla debug mode is present.
Perhaps this will help to reveal the PHP Fatal error.

I suspect a problem of PHP compatiblity (ie. PHP 5.4)
Which version of PHP do you use ?
edwin2win
graph

Re: Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

As you suggested, I tried to update the component, check patches and then I check the PHP version and it is my version on the local machine: PHP Version 5.5.3-1ubuntu2.3.. the version of the server that host my site is: PHP Version 5.4.4-14+deb7u8

But for now I can't solve the problem in the both machines...
wfi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Multi Sites » List all slave sites - WSOD 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I Found the problem!!!!

I put the line:

"error_reporting(E_ALL);" at line 22 of the /components/com_multisites/controller.php

after that, it show me the error:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method JUser::authorize() in /var/www/.../components/com_multisites/models/slaves.php on line 47"

this method was been removed from Joomla! Comunity, and was replaced by a method called JUser::authorise().

At line of that model I've substituied the method, simply change from authorize to authorise and it start!!!

Thanks for your support!
wfi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla