English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Change slave site domain name without rebuilding
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Change slave site domain name without rebuilding
Change slave site domain name without rebuilding 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I've got a new slave site set up, and now the client has decided he wants to change his domain name. Is there a way to do this without starting over? I'm comfortable with SSH if that helps...
myathleticresume
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Change slave site domain name without rebuilding 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I suppose that you are using cPanel as administration tool.
So if you create an AddOn domain for the new domain name to point the same "document root" as previous domain then you just have to change the domain name in JMS to automatically.

If you want to move the existing document root to another location, the easiest way is :
- Create the AddOn domain with the new "document root" location
- Go in JMS and deploy the slave site into the new document root directory and update the "domain" with the new value.
- Copy the "configuration.php" that was present in the old location into the new location to re-use the DB.

By security, perform a backup of you DB before proceeding with the operation (as I don't know all the context and perhaps specific JMS template rule that you would have written).

If you had specific "/images" directory or other specific directories, you probably also have to copy them.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Change slave site domain name without rebuilding 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
EXCELLENT! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!
myathleticresume
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla