English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Language in Slave Sites
Language in Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi I have no high skill at programing in Joomla, so I must have done something wrong somewhere in process to create my slave site.

I have done an Add on domain as slave site. But all my language from the main site does not appear in my slave sites. And as I understand for security is not possible install language in the slave sites.

Why did it happens? Could any one help me?

Thanks

Erik
ErikGuedes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Language in Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
When you mentioned languages, I suppose that you make reference to the joomla langugages files.

Under Joomla 1.5, when you install a languages into the master, it is automatically detected by the slave site as joomla directly read the languages directory.

Under Joomla 2.5, Joomla changed their management and now require to have the languages defined in the DB. Therefore, if you want to have the language files detected in the slave site, you need to re-install it into the slave site.

I don't think that the "discover" menu present in the "extension manager" will detect the new language to add it under joomla 2.5.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/06/25 15:44 By edwin2win.

Re:Language in Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, thanks for the answer...

My Joomla is 2.5 pt_br (portuguese brazil), also have spanish, and english on it as extra languages. But the main language is PT.

After make the slave 1 site, evan I choose portuguese at slave 1 (joomla install) the admin and front is in english, and no choice to change it.
I have tried to install the portuguese language in the slave site, but did not show up at language manager, show the info "need to be installed at main site first.

Erik
ErikGuedes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

ErikGuedes wrote:
Hi, thanks for the answer...

My Joomla is 2.5 pt_br (portuguese brazil), also have spanish, and english on it as extra languages. But the main language is PT.

After make the slave 1 site, evan I choose portuguese at slave 1 (joomla install) the admin and front is in english, and no choice to change it.
I have tried to install the portuguese language in the slave site, but did not show up at language manager, show the info "need to be installed at main site first.

Erik
ErikGuedes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Language in Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't see the language in the slave site back-end, this explain why you are always displaying the english (that I suppose is the only one declared).

Did you tried the standard joomla 2.5 "discover" function to see if Joomla is able to discover the new languages.
edwin2win
graph

Thanks a lot, so simple ... Sorry for take the tik=me like this.

Att,

Erik
ErikGuedes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla