English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Existing site, don't want to loose jomsocial licen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Existing site, don't want to loose jomsocial licen
Existing site, don't want to loose jomsocial licen 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I saw in another posts saying to setup a master.domain.com and have all extensions and jms installed on this site with no content so it can act as a library for the other sites. That I understand. However, I have a site with Jomsocial installed that I paid for. Is it possible to setup all the extensions and jms on the master subdomain and remove all the content off the site domain and just keep jomsocial installed. I figure if I do this my main domain will just have jomsocial for people to use that, everything else will link to my other sites which will use other extensions and be run by JMS. However if there is no way to "move" jomsocial or make my domain a master then I can repurchase but trying not to. Can I just remove all the content off my main domain and make that a master?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: Existing site, don't want to loose jomsocial licen 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes you can install JMS on an existing website.
The recommandation does not mean this is mandatory.

You can effectivelly start by installing JMS on the existing website and after cleanup the content of a duplicated (replicated) site.

If you just want to create fresh slave site, you can also use your current site as master. The disadvantage is that each time that you will install something that is based on a replication of the master or the install from the master, you will have the content copied.

You can also "clone" your current website to build a master that will have a slave that is your current site. So that you will have a new master as startup with the current content that you can cleanup to build the other sites.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla