English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site no menu items
Slave site no menu items 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
HI,
I've installed JMS on Jommla 1.5. Worked fine except that I'm not able to create a menu item. Either in a new menu nor with multisite menu item. In the Menuitem list there is no item visible although it says that there was an item created successfully. AND in the menu overview list there is also a number of items in the row "approved". Useless to say, that there is no menu in the frontend....
Any ideas?
thanx,
lg acady
acady
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site no menu items 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
This is not clear.

JMS does not change anything concerning the joomla menu.

If I understand correctly you seems mention that when you go in the joomla "menu item manager" to add a new menu entry under joomla 1.5, you see the menu types and when you select a menu type and that you complete the joomla settings after the save, you don't have the menu item created.
You use the word "approved" but in joomla 1.5, the word is "published".

If you can provide a screenshot, this will help to confirm the joomla version and that you report an issue with the joomla "menu item manager"

Concerning the rendering of a menu that is correctly published, we suggest that you start by checking the rendering with the standard joomla template.
If the menu is correctly rendered with standard joomla template, that would mean that the issue is relative to the templates that you are using.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave site no menu items 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi thanks for the reply. Your right, "published" (I'm using a german joomla version) is the right term. I Also tried standard templates, same result. No menu shown. I also tired it with a standalone joomla version - menus are there (same as in the joomla master). See the attached file for the screenshots I went through all the steps of generating a menu item.

start

new menu item

list menu items after save "successfully" (joomla says)

see two menu items but no one in the list or on the frontend

I think it has sth to do with the link of the menu database table between the master and the slave. Could you provide me some information even where to start searching?

Thanks,
acady
acady
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/08/09 17:19 By acady.

Re: Slave site no menu items 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I see that you are using a very old 1.5.10.
Can you redo the test with a more recent joomla 1.5.26

Perhaps this is a known issue in joomla itself where you could find a reason in their bug tracker.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla