English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Modules folder on slave sites without recreating.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Modules folder on slave sites without recreating.
Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

How I can get the slave sites have their own separate modules (Folders and tables) without recreating them?.

I have five sites slaves that can not display images in the module raxo and have problems with some other modules, I have identified that the problem is generated when a module requires calling a file or image from its own folder. When the module tries to find is the symbolic link and can not function properly.

The solution that comes to mind is that each slave site, has its own modules folder. But how I can do this without having to re-create the slave sites?

Thank you very much for your help,

Best wishes
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the "modules" folder, you can define a Jms Template rule where you specify that the "/modules" directory is a physical copy instead of a symbolic link.
Becarefull that in this case, you will have to synchronize manually the content of this directory in case where you install new modules.

With JMS 1.3.x, there is a new functionality that allow creating a JMS template with "Directory Links".
This allow creating a specific /modules directory and inside create symbolic links for each subdirectories. So that if you want to just replace one module by a physical directory, it is possible to delete the link and replace it by a physical directory.

Concerning the tables uses by the modules, in general, the tables are the one created by a component.
When replicating a website, normally, the tables are copied.
Only a limited number of extension can have their tables shared.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your answer edwin,

The problem is that I have generated the slave sites and if using a new template would have to start again, is there a way to do so without having to start again with a new template creaciñon?

Thanks for your help,

best wishes
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but I am not sure to understand your question.

What do you mean by using a new template ?
Do you mean a new joomla template or a JMS template rule ?

If you install a new joomla template and that you have shared the "/templates" directory, I don't understand why say start again (and start again what ?)

Which is the relationship with the initial question and the module directory and the DB table ?

If the question is how to make the change in the existing "JMS Template" to setup the "/modules" directory from symbolic link into "copy", you just have to change the setting in your existing jms template.
When done, you have to remove manually with FTP the /modules in the slave site using the JMS template rule and open/resave it to rebuild the "/modules" directory with a "copy" action
edwin2win
graph

Re:Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

What I meant with the previous post was referring to the start again to create the site template JMS, but you gave me answer in the last post.

Following your instructions, I made the change in the "existing JMS template adjusting the" / modules "from simbolyc link to" Copy ", but when I go to check Lueg in slave site folder recursive copy was generated. Like this; modules / modules / modules / modules / modules...etc ..

The path of the directory that I use to create the copy was "/ var / www / html / santander /".

Could you please tell me what the problem was in the process of copying?,

Thank you very much for your kind help,

Best wishes
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but I never saw this case of modules in modules,....

Do you have a symbolic link created inside the /modules directory ?

Did you check if you have a physcial modules directory or symbolic links, ....

Which is the JMS version number ?

Did you removed the symbolic link manually before re-apply the update of the slave site (open/resave) ?
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla