English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Modules folder on slave sites without recreating.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Modules folder on slave sites without recreating.
Re:Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

The first thing I did was set within the "JMS template" copy the modules directory, then delete the folder modudes with symbolic link, and then enter the "JMS Template" and save your changes. This generated the folder copy infiticas times modules / modules / modules, etc ....

I answer your questions:

Do you have a symbolic link created inside the / modules directory?
No, just the folder / modules is a symbolic link no other within that folder.

Did you check if you have a physcial modules directory or symbolic links, ....
I physically I have the / modules in the master websites, but I have the slave site folder / modules with a symbolic link.

Which is the JMS version number?
The version I have is 1.2.76 That

Did you removed the symbolic link manually re-apply before the update of the slave site (open / resave)?
Yes, I removed the symbolic link manually re-apply before the update.

Than you very much for your help, best wishes
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Modules folder on slave sites without recreating. 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
In your answer, you mentioned that you replaced the "Symbolic Link" action by a "copy" in the JMS Template rule but later, you write that the result is that you mentioned that you just have just have the /modules as a symbolic link.

This is incorrect.
If you had setup the action as a copy, you should have a /modules as a physical directory and not a symbolic link.

So recheck the setup of the JMS template rule and redo the action described earlier.
The expected result is to have a "/modules" as a physical directory due to the JMS template rule = "copy".

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is still possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla