English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Recreate Master site
Recreate Master site 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm in a bit of a pickle. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I've lost access to the domain that I had set up my Master site with. I need to recreate this site under a new domain so that users may start accessing it again.

I've tried everything I can think of and it doesn't seem to work. My current setup is pretty simple; 1 Master site, 2 slave sites, and one database. I've tried accessing the master site through a different domain that hasn't been setup as a slave site, but for some reason, it won't allow me to login; I just keep getting redirected to the "Welcome to the registered user area of our site."

If I could just get to the JMS2Win component in the admin section, I'd create a new slave site and "share the whole site", but I can't figure out how.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
NicholasJohn16
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Recreate Master site 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Under Joomla 1.5, if you have shared the joomla users with the master website, it is required to you login on the correct domain. Otherwise apache or IIS will not give you the access to the session.

You can check that in the /multisites/conf_multisites.php.
If you find a master_cookie_domain in the top of the file, this mean that the master website share the domain.
You can put the line in comment to avoid that the session is retricted to the specified domain.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla