English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: sites configuration
sites configuration 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I am considering using this extension for my future Joomla sites.

If I get two mirror sites going with this extension. Is it possible to configurate one site out of reach of public? So I can use it as testing ground for my master site?

I need to find a solution for a testing environment. Can anyone tell me if this is right tool?

Thank you in advance.

Yi
yikrooss
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:sites configuration 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
I have some customer that already use JMS to manage development site and production site.
This is totally possible when you want to create themes (template) and have different layout.

If you objective is to modify component, modules or plugin PHP code, I just would like to remember you that you share the same PHP files and folders on the disk.

With JMS, you can perfectly create several slave sites that you are copy of a production website and that you use to test layout, setup, ...
As you have a status on the slave site, you can easily switch from one website to another one in production.
You can for example, for a same domain name have a website slave_vers1 in production and prepare a slave_vers2 that you use in development. When it is OK, you can disable slave_vers1 to switch in slave_vers2.

All I can tell you is that I have at least one customer that use JMS for his development and production
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla