English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Help With Templates
Re:Help With Templates 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to change the chmod of directory created by JMS, this is possible when you edit the file /administrator/components/com_multisites/multisites.cfg.php
You can replace the 0755 by 0777 if you want but I think the problem is not related to the permission of the directroy that is created but a problem to create the link itself.

The reason may be due allso on the fact that the directory that must be linked does not authorized to be linked.
So check the permission of the /home/theafter/public_html/site/administrator]

Can you give us also the exact version number of JMS you are using and on which hosting provider you are working.
The current latest JMS version is 1.2.2.
If you are still using a RCx check the change history to verify it is not an older version prior a fix performed in RC4
See www.jms2win.com/faq/change-history-v12x
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help With Templates 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello edwin2win.

I´m changed ../multisites.cfg.php to chmod 777 but JMS follows creating directories with chmod 755.

I´m changed permission from all site using "chmod -R 777 .../site/httpdocs"

I´ve got a dedicated server linux with os_CentOS 5 with plesl 8.6 and my hosting provider is 1and1.

I use JMS version 1.2.2.

Thank you for your posting
celso
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/08/14 18:01 By celso.

The chmod procedue in multisites.cfg.php is just used to set the permission to the /multisites directory and its children directory.

It does not modify the permission of the other directory.

At the origin your permission issue is probably related to an inconsistency between "apaches" permission and you files and folder permission present on the disk.

This frequently happen when you install Joomla using a ssh or ftp user that have more privilege than a "basic" apaches user.
When at least the joomla files and folder owner are defined to use the same group of owner that is used by "apaches" this does not cause problem.

As you mentioned that you are using a dedicated server, I suppose that you have used a more privileges user to install your joomla and that explain the permission issue that you have to access or create links.
A "normal" apaches user is not allowed to access your "protected" files that you have installed with your (perhaps root) user.
This explain why you have to perform a chmod 777 that give the permission to everybody.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Help With Templates 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I change multisites.cfg.php chmod 755 to 777 but it dont work with multisites and childrens directories.

About owner and group:
First, I tried to change to apache user... It dont work
Second time I tried to change to nobody user... It dont work again.

What more can I do?

Thanks
celso
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

You have to first identify which is the owner used by apaches that I don't know.
Once you have identified it, you have to compare it with the one files and folders of your system.

Contact the administrator of your server to ask him assistance in help you solve the permission issue and setup correctly the owner and group of the files and folder that you are using.

If you want that I have a look on your server this is possible with billable support that you can order on www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla