English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: how to manege my sites
how to manege my sites 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
hello i have 3 websites all with a different log in and different language.
www.pelusa.net www.pelusa.net/puntapelusa and www.pelusa.net/tattoo can you tell me how i get them working with the same users and login. I can not figure this out. I,m just a simple tattoo artist and i did,nt know how difficult this was, when i purchaced the component. Please help me.
tat2pluis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:how to manege my sites 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
The user sharing is a very important decision that must be taken when you create the slave site into JMS.
Once a website is created, you can not anymore decide to convert a separated user into a shared user.
The sharing is decided when JMS fill the DB and can not be changed after that.

So if you have existing website that you want to move into JMS and that you would like to convert the separated users into a shared user, this is complex.
The objective will be to first merge all the users between the wesbite to later try create fresh slave site sharing the users.

If you decide to share the user at the creation of the slave site, you have to define in JMS a rule to specify the sharing rule.
The idea to share the user consist in creating a website that will be used for the replication and sharing the users. After that you can decide to create another website derived from this website using a rule that define the user sharing.

Have a look in the user manual chapter 3.3.3
www.jms2win.com/documentation/doc_downlo...rs-manual-version-12
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/08 22:58 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla