English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave1 website isn't getting populated
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Slave1 website isn't getting populated
Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I setup a Master site, installed the component, added a template, enabled User Sharing.

The template uses the master DB as the "Template Site" and I provide the Slave DB information below under the "New DB [...]" parameters.

When I add a website (e.g. slave1), the new website *looks* like it is using the slave database, and even shows the slave database information in the website list. However, the slave database doesn't have any tables in it whatsoever. I grabbed the host/username/password directly from what was stored in multisites and logged into phpMyAdmin without any issues, so I'm certain the credentials are correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
earnware
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
You probably received an error when creating the slave site.

When you connect using PHPMyAdmin, it does not necessary use the same login and password that you have used to create the slave DB.
In your case, if you create a new slave DB with JMS, it will use in this particular case the MySQL login of the master website MySQL connection.
If the master DB connection has not the permission to create the slave DB, this may explain the reason.

If you have created the DB before creating the slave site, you can also provide those information to allow JMS create the table.
You also say that you have enabled the User Sharing.
Have you received any "command denied by the user" error.
If you have received such error, this mean that the MySQL login is not granted with all the permissions to create such sharing.
You have to check the MySQL login permissions.
You can also provide to JMS the MySQL root login with all the privileges.
See user manual page 14 or search for "MySQL root" in the user manual.
YOu will have to edit a PHP file to setup the MySQL root login and passwords.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin!

I decided to make them use the same DB with all non-jos prefixes. It looks like it's working pretty well thus far. Anything in particular we should know about as far as limitations involved with running slave sites based on the master?

- matt
earnware
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
In general, when working in the same DB, this avoid the problem of permission and that explain why it works.

As soon as you decide to work with several DB, you have to grant the users to allow access different DB and perform the "cross" DB operation.
This require more permission that must be granted to the user.
JMS contain some peace of code to do that for you if you provide the MySQL "root" login.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello.
I'm a new user of your JMS component. It seems very usefull... However, I encounter the same problem as decribe here.
It seem impossible to use a "Template Site" for sharing users and components, when you decide to use a different DataBase for your slave site. In fact, there is no replication of the DB. You are oblige to execute the standard installation process of joomla, to create your slave DB. Only after that, you can used JMS tool, to forced the sharing of component (but impossible to share users) and install all components you want activate in your slave site.
Whereas it works fine when you just define for your slave site an another prefixe table and used the same DB!
Am I correct? Or is there any other solution to used a "template Site" with new DB and all operations of sharing and replication be "automatic"? Thanks a lot to help me
frlegros
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry, it's me again... I just try to change the prefix of my slave table (ie: wbc_ instead of jos_) and it seems to work perfectly ! My "Template site" create automatically the slave DB and install all component from my master site and all sharing defines (component and users)!
Could you confirm me if it's the only solution which is working ?
frlegros
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla