English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave1 website isn't getting populated
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Slave1 website isn't getting populated
Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you really clone a website, you have either to define a default new table prefix in the JMS template or enter one in the JMS manage site.

If you don't specified any DB information, JMS consider that you want to perform a fresh Joomla installation.

Thus, when in the JMS template you have not pre-defined at least new table prrefix, you have to enter on in the JMS manage.
If you don't provide any DB information and table prefix, you will have to perform a fresh joomla installation.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I think this is a really great extension but i'm also having a hard time, sharing my master site to a slave that has a new database. I'm using a "template" that shares the users from the master DB to the new slave DB. Is there any tutorials that cover this topic? Or any advice you can give?

I have a permissions issue (Error(1) [1142] ) "command denied to user".

I just need a way to share my masters users to several slave sites, and be able to propagate extensions to the slave sites? What is the easiest way to achieve this?

Any help appreciated, Thanks.
mfc48
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave1 website isn't getting populated 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The permission issue "command denied to user" mean that the MySQL user that you provide to create the slave site or that is present in the DB to replicated or the you have defined in the "multisites.cfg.php" has not enought privileges.

This mean that you have to provide to you MySQL user all the privileges.
If you are using cPanel to create your MySQL user, there is a bug in cPanel that does not provide all the privileges.
If you have your own private server, you can go in the administration of your server to grant your MySQL user with addtional privileges.
If you are using a sharing hosting server, you have to contact the hosting support to ask them grant your MySQL user.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla