English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems after install
Problems after install 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, I recently brought the multisites as I like the idea of only updating one website .

This is how I got the configuration of the sites at the moment;

People go to this website: main.com (example) they are not redirected to en.main.com domain or another domain for another language.

i have got multisites on the english domain en.main.com (this is a fresh install of joomla) I want to then create another english domain on another domain new for example en.main2.com. This second I want to able to share the users only not content but every time i try to do this it create a whole new site. I only wanted to be able to share users and have different content on them.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to archive this or is it best install the main.com domain with joomla and multisites then create english etc domain of it??

but I still need to know how to do this everytime it create with content in when I dont want that??

Thanks in advance.
wooglenetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problems after install 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The sharing is an operation that is applied when you create a website based on an existing one.

This means for example that if you want to share the users between the en.main.com and en.main2.com you have to begin by the creation of the en.main2.com that will be a replication of en.main.com in which you have specified that you share the users.

Once you have this en.main2.com that replicated everything and also share the users, you can cleanup or modify en.main2.com to put its own content.

You can also decide to create an hiden website that will be used to share the users between the en.main.com and en.main2.com to avoid replicate all the content of the en.main.com.

You can find a video in tutorial step 16 that present how to share the users between websites. www.jms2win.com/tutorial
Perhaps this will help you in the organisation of the website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problems after install 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi thanks for your post i have looked at the the tutorial watch it all.

I created a slave site correctly but i can't login in the back end to be able to clean up the website do I make sure to create a copy of the administrator folder when creating the template under the sharing files and folder.

As I also tried that and still the back end is not coming up. The database has been populated with the user.

Where do I go from here?

If i am not able to create a slave site using then able to login I dont know where i can go from here.

also the symbolic link is not in the action list in the template is it that what might be causing it?? as i am on windows server

i hope you can help again
wooglenetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problems after install 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
When you share the user, this mean that you have to use the users form the original website. In this case this is probably the super administrator of the en.main.com.

If you are able to login in en.main.com., you can login with the same user in the en.main2.com.

When sharing a website, you can NOT say that the DB is populated with the user as they are SHARED and NOT replicated (populated).

Use the JMS tools to check the user sharing and check the DB tables creations.
If you don't have a link between the website, this mean that you have not create a slave site that share the user.

Review the tutorial step 16 and apply it strictly.
I suggest that you follow the example stricly to try understand the processing.
Once you will be familar with the concept, you will be able to apply it to your particular case.

As explained in the tutorial step 4 to 7, you will see that when working on Windows platform, the Symbolic Link is not available under Windows platform.
The Symbolic Links is only available to Unix platform.
Also read the user manual that describe the Symbolic Links.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla