English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: installation boo-boo
installation boo-boo 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I've tried to install JMS after purchasing, and one thing has caused me grief.

Due to my own mistakes, I hadn't opened up permissions on all joomla folders before installing and now get and error adding patches specifically that the file "administrator/includes/defines.php" is unable to install.

This is now that I've fixed my permissions and have opened up (the test server, at least) the site fully.

Is there a manual uninstallation of JMS, since the uninstall option does not remedy the situation. I'd like to be able to start from scratch without re-installing joomla entirely.

Ross
rchapman
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:installation boo-boo 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If your probllem concern permission that you have modified, I don't see how JMS could know the previous permission.

JMS just backup some critical files before installing and each time you try install the patches, it also redo some additional backup.
The files are the one that are restored when un-installing JMS.

You can find the backup in the directory /administrator/components/com_multisites.
You will find
backup_on_install
backup

JMS only modify the files that are given in the list of the patches and you should find the original files in the backups directories.
The backup directory follow the same directory structure than the one where it was backup
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/08/13 22:15 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla