English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Shared users on existing master and slave sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Shared users on existing master and slave sites
Shared users on existing master and slave sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear sirs!

The purpose of acquisition of such remarkable component as JMC at me was to give, by means of it, possibility to my users to be registered on one of many my sites, without registration repetition on others. I have a master a site and there are some additional sites on joomla 1.5.12 in one domain and on one server, but have different DB and different catalogues. All is organised by a principle: the master a site - master.com, additional sites - slave1.master.com, slave2.master.com etc. All sites already exist and work also to me it would not would be desirable them to alter. Whether there is a possibility of the general users in this case? Or all the same it is necessary to alter my additional sites? I have reconsidered many materials on your site but the answer to the question unfortunately have not found. And still a question, whether it is necessary for me for decision of my problem also to buy a quota?

With the best regards,
Alexander
AlexSk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Shared users on existing master and slave sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Alexander,
with JMS, you can NOT convert existing website to have independent user into shared users because this is something that must be decided when you create the database.

This is not possible because the user ID is used at many places in the DB and should require to update all the DB to reflect the changes in user ID in the case where a product that do such kind of functionality decide to move the existing user into another DB and therefore create new IDs.

The website quota is only required when you use the "billable website" functionality for the website creation from the front-end. Otherwise, you don't need it.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Shared users on existing master and slave sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear edwin2win,

Ок, well. In that case prompt what to do if a hosting the provider has forbidden use FlowSymbolLink in Apache and is not going to resolve? On FTP links are created but besides to pass on them it is impossible. Well and as it is known result of all of it is the error 403 and to correct it Options +FollowSymLinks in.htaccess it is impossible

best regards,
Alexander
AlexSk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Shared users on existing master and slave sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Alexander,
If the Symbolic Link is not allowed by your hosting provider, the only solution is to use the procedure like with the Windows platform.
In this case, you have to configure all the domain an sub-domain with the same directory path.

You can verify the "Symbolic Link" functionality with the "hello world" procedure as described in tutorial step 7
edwin2win
graph

Re:Shared users on existing master and slave sites 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear edwin2win.

No, the test as on a step 7 completely does not pass and besides I talked to a support service a hosting of the provider and they have directly told that from safety reasons symbolical links are disconnected and cannot be included.

Tell as, on more detailed or prompt where to read how to do without symbolical links

Best regards,
Alexander
AlexSk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

In case where symbolic link is not allowed is described in the tutorial step 10.
The key element is to configure your hosting server correctly to provide the same directory path for the different domain and sub-domain like this is the case with Windows platform

In summary, you have to configure you hosting server to have for example:
www.master.com = /public_html/master_dir
www.slave1.com = /public_html/master_dir
www.slave1.com = /public_html/master_dir

Notice that all the domain are assigned with the same directory path (the master root directory)
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla