English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site
Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi
I am using Joomla 1.5.14 with SH404SEF with .htaccess. It was all working ok with JMS 1.1.24.

I have upgraded to 1.2.5 and now I get white screens and 404s on my slave site. I have spent 2 days trying to get this working: re-installing Joomla, JMS, JMS patches, SH404SEF and copy/pasting .htaccess, etc. but cannot solve the problem.
Help please?
Regards Tim
timsimon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
404 means a wrong URL.

Have you already tried disabled the SH404SEF that require the .htaccess.
This will help you identify if the problem is located in SH404SEF or .htaccess or simply from another place.

Try first to locate the component that cause the problem.
404s are generally linked to sh404SEF.

White screen may be another reason that may be related to a PHP error (in example a file not found or protected, ...).
Most of the hosting provider does not display the warning and error so that may be more difficult to identify.

Only a debugging on the code on your server would help identify the peace of code that may produce this behavior.

If you want that I debug on your server, this is possible with billable support that you can order on www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/09/08 17:21 By edwin2win.

Re:Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi edwin2win
Using cpanel and File Manager I notice that my .htaccess on the master and slave site had disappeared! I pasted in new .htaccess files but they too disappeared. is this normal behaviour?
Regards Tim
timsimon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
NO.
JMS does not delete files.
Perhaps you could try to use another tools to check that the file is really deleted because sometime web administration tools does not display all files.

You can also try create a fake JMS template that will show you all the files and folders present in the master website directory.
You ".htaccess" should be present if it was still there.

If you arrive to reproduce the "delete .htaccess", I am interested to know the procedure to reproduce it.

Concenring cPanel and JMS configuration perhaps you have noticed that we have created several tutorial with cPanel. This may perhaps help you.
See www.jms2win.com/tutorial and the CP-xx videos.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi
It turned out that the .htaccess files are there (when checked using eXtplorer), they were just not showing up in cpanel>FileManager! Why?

I have completely disabled SH404SEF and I still have the white screen problems.

Anyway, when I changed the template to a standard one, JA Purity for example, the white screen goes away! Presumably, that indicates that the problem is in the template?
Regards Tim
timsimon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Upgraded to 1.2: White Screens/404s on slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
probably cPanel hide the files like ".htaccess".

If you have disabled the Joomla global configuration setting concerning the SEF, apache rewrite and everything and you template still does not work then effectivelly, this may be a problem related to this specific template.

I think there is no miracle solution to identify the reason.
I suppose you should debug the code of your template to identify at which moment you have the white screen.
In general, the white screen may be due to a PHP syntax error.
As your hosting provider probably do not show the error, perhaps you can find an error message in their log file.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla