English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Does not create Deployed Folder
Does not create Deployed Folder 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin, I have been all over your forum and watched so many tutorials, I feel like I know you!

I recently purchased and installed all of your extensions. Read the manual from front to back and watched all of the tutorial videos. I followed step by step video 13 to setup a template and to have the ability to create a slave site from the front end.

Here is the issue, when I add the new site from the front end, it says that the new site is deployed and indeed the tables are created in the database. However, there is no matching folder created so I get a 404 error that the file was not found when I try to access the new site.

I have attached a screen shot of the parameters I have selected for the template in the hopes that you can tell me what it is that I have missed.

This looks to be exactly what I am looking for and I am very excited about the possibilities!

Thank you so much for your help!

Sondra
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Does not create Deployed Folder 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
The forum didn't like the size of my screen shot so I am trying again by sending it as a file. I'm afraid you would be able to read anything if I send the jpg much smaller.

Sondra
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

ok, one last time, cropped and zipped....hopefully this one will make it!
File Attachment:
File Name: screenshot.zip
File Size: 117665
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Does not create Deployed Folder 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Based on your screenshot, I see inconsistency between the domain name and the deplyment folder and alias link.

You say in the domain that you want create {site_url}/{site_alias}
This mean that location on your disk is {root}/{site_alias}.
You have asked to deploy the slave site into the directory {site_dir} so the expected result is equivalent to {root}/multisites/{site_id}

So the directory is not created and or your domain URL must be modified to give {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}.

The domain and file location must be consistent.

You can also use the alias link to redirect {root}/{site_alias} to the {site_dir}
So you can put in field alias link = {root}/{site_alias}
edwin2win
graph

You are AMAZINGLY brilliant!!! Thanks for the quick response...I have it all working great now! This is definitely THE BEST extension I have ever worked with and absolutely the coolest!

One more quick question, is there anyway to specify the email and password for the administrator from the backend. I will be managing all of the slave sites and don't want the user to reset the administrator password.

Thanks again, I'm headed to Joomla to write a glowing review!!!

Sondra

Oh and btw, what extension do you use to manage your forum? I like this one compared to others I have seen!
slboone
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Does not create Deployed Folder 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the user for the administration, you can select a special user in JMS template.
See the video 13 that show that you start creating a special slave site with a special "tpl_admin" user.

The user can not be created dynamically for security reason (because the service is presented in the front-end). This is the reason why you have to select the user you want for the front-end.
It is not necessary a super admin.
Only its password and email can be modified from the front-end.
If you don't select any user, this will be the first "super administrator" present in the slave site that is used as template.

Concerning this forum, this is fireboard that is now kunena.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/09/24 19:44 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla