English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Session Not Carrying over Subdomain {solved}
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Session Not Carrying over Subdomain {solved}
Session Not Carrying over Subdomain {solved} 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have finally got my master, slave and share slave all working but the user sessions is not being carried over form sub domain to sub domain user still need to login every time.

I looked at the database and the last login get updated for all databases no matter where the user logged in but the cookie is not carrying over i guess need help.

I have my own sever using cpanel so if its something I can fix in there let me know.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/10/15 05:11 By lexxy2000.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Session Not Carrying over Subdomain 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
First you have to check that you have effectivelly shared the users and session table between your website.
You can use the JMS tools to check it.
Use the table panel.

Perhaps you can also check if your browser accept the cookies.

Can you relogin with the same user and password between the different domain (just to check that you have correctly shared the information when you have created the website).
I remember you that this is a decision that must be taken when you create the website and that can not modified later.

You can also check the /multisites/config_multisites.php to verify that it contains the cookies_domains parameters for your different sub-domain (slave sites).

If you can re-login, you can also test the behavior when you as the login form to "remember" the login. This normally write information in the cookies.
Just to see if the cookies are correctly managed.

If cookies and the re-login is working, this is perhaps a problem somewhere in the configuration of the server that would not accept to share the session ID between sub-domain.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/05 09:35 By edwin2win.

Re:Session Not Carrying over Subdomain 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
i have done what you have told me to do my findings are as follows.

I have no problem login, in both sites. the remember function works no problem. hower ever i have looked at all my multisites folder in each of the sites including the master and i could not find no parameter called cookies_domain in any of the folder. None in file config_multisites.php and not in comfig_templates.php
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

i have also investigated suhosin extension for php which is installed on my server and disable the features that cause with type of is as instructed by many developer on a few forum still no luck.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Session Not Carrying over Subdomain 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't find the "cookie_domains" in the config_multisites.php, just open and resave a slave site in the JMS manage site.
This will rebuild the config_multisites.php
If the cookie are still not present in the file, then check that all the domain defined in the websites are correctly written.

The expected result is to have cookie_domains parameter in the config_multisites.php file present in the /multisites directory.
Without this information, PHP will not share the session ID between the sub-domains.
edwin2win
graph

save it. tried it many time still nothing
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla