English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Need specific template/images/components in slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Need specific template/images/components in slave
Need specific template/images/components in slave 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I am using oneandone server, which does support symbolic links.

The Problem is that I'm trying to create websites for people who I don't want to have access to the main directory as far as images/templates/and components.

If I install a fresh template, it doesn't give them a specific images folder, but the components are not installed (Which is what I want). It directs them to the main root directory for images, which is a problem, as I do not want different website administrators to mess with the images of sites that don't belong to them.

Otherwise if I use a template, I can have specific image directories but I don't know how to stop it from letting everyone have access to my components, which includes multisites. This would be a problem because I don't want people who are purchasing a site to have access to the my multisites component, as they could delete sites, and pretty much do whatever they want without my knowledge.

I need a specific components, images, and templates folder for each slave site.

Is this possible?

Also, does specifying a specific owner have anything to do with what components they have access to?

Thanks
Cyndi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Need specific template/images/components in slave 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes with JMS you can have specific image, media and template folder.
See tutorial video CP-05
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05

Concerning the access to the "master" directory, all depends if you install extension like joomla explorer or similar that can give access to all the files and folders on the disk.
That would allow them at least to read the information that could be present on your system.

You could reduce the permission to just accept to read the "master" directories.

You must provide at least a read (perhaps also execute) to allow process the PHP pages.

The way that you will configure your server may impact the security.
This also depends on the platform (unix, windows,mac, ...)

So it can manage the permission outside of JMS to reduce the access.
If you want to automatically process the permission modification into JMS, you can also call specific scipts.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Need specific template/images/components in slave 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Maybe you are misunderstanding me

My question is how do I PREVENT new sites from having the multisite COMPONENTS on their new slave drives,

or:

How do I make it so a "fresh slave site" has a specific images folder.

either of these would be acceptable.

I understand how to make each image/media/templates folder can be specified, but i ALSO need the components to be specified if I am using a template. If i'm not using a template, then I just need each new website to have its own images folder. Otherwise there is a security risk to me.
Cyndi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Need specific template/images/components in slave 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
components can NOT be specific or you have to install independent joomla without sharing the files.

If you really want to copy the components directory, you can defined a JMS templates with file and folder rule to copy the components.
Becarefull that in this case you will have problem to update your website and you could create unconsistency system.
So I do NOT recommend to do it and I will not give you any support in this case.

The concept of JMS is to share the files and folders on the disk.
So want to have a copy of the components directory is outside of JMS.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla