English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

content share between master and slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: content share between master and slave site
content share between master and slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have just installed the JMS. I followed the tutorial, made master site as a template, and created two slave sites based on that.

Now I have master site, Slave site 1, and Slave site 2.

I hope to realize this:

~ all the changes made in slave site 1 will appear in master site, but will not appear in slave site 2. The same way, all the changes made in slave site 2 will appear in master site, but not in slave site 1.

~ In other words, I hope slave site won't share content with other slave sites, but slave site do share content with master site.

How can I realize this?

I will appreciate any help or hint on this problem. Thanks.
bailey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/10/15 02:14 By bailey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:content share between master and slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I am going to try to help as edwin can be busy making this extention better. He will be sure to stop in and help as he answers every post everyday.

1. first never share your master site with users keep that one hidden ( master site is the first site you installed manually before installing JMS)

2. create a slave site that will be used as the so called master we will call it slave_master this will be the site that users can access register etc.

3. create a JMS template with the sharing rules you would like for that site.

4. create a slave site using the JMS template you just created base on the slave_master database.

5. repeat for each additional site.

no to answer the question slave site will not share with each other as they do no have a sharing rule with each other they only have one with the master_slave. If i understand right if you share the same table with the master site they will all be the same as the master and since the master controls them all they will all have the same content in theory. Hey i could be wrong though unless you create each new slave site with a differrent JMS sharing template.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Thanks lexxy2000, that is much more clear to me now. As what you said, I share all the table with the master site, so everything is the same.

According to your answer, I have another small question. "3. create a JMS template with the sharing rules you would like for that site." does that mean, create a JMS template based on the slave_master ?
bailey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

yes on the slave_master as the original joomla you installed will contain JMS component and edwin says its best never to share it.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Thanks, I got it.

However, my situation is that I already installed all the components and uploaded tons of content to the master site. If it is not suggested to share slave sites with the master site.
I have to

1) create a master_slave
2) move all the contents and components from master to master_slave
3) create slaves based on master_slave

my question is : how can I move all the information on master to master_slave site.
Can I just create a master_slave based on the template of master site? or what should I do?

Thanks a lot!
bailey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

i only way i would see that possible it to create your master_slave based on a JMS template instead of just using create a slave site function and make sure you do not share the multisites component under tools.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/15 05:03 By lexxy2000.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla