English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

content share between master and slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: content share between master and slave site
Re:content share between master and slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you lexxy2000 to allow me sleeping a little and help me answer to all the post.
This is effectivelly help full and welcome.
I see that you have started to get the control of JMS and begin to manage different concepts present in JMS. Congratulation.

To bailey, I will add the following points.
If you want to replicate your master into the "slave_master", you can create a JMS templates rules that will replicate your current master with all the tons of extension pre-installed.

The concept of the JMS Templates is partially presented in the tutorial video 13 that show how to create a the rule to create a website from the front-end.
The same concept can be used for the back-end.

In addition, the reason why we do not recommend to share or use the master website directly is to driven by security issue.
The global security of a website is determined by the less secured extension installed on a website.
We consider Joomla as secured but this is not necessary the case with all the extensions that might be installed on a website.
As you have to install all the extension on the master website before to re-install (perhaps partially) on a slave site, therefore the vulnerability of your master website is less secured than a slave site that can have only few extensions installed.
You must consider the master website like a library or a repository of all the extension that you might need in your slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla