English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cannot install component in slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Cannot install component in slave site
Cannot install component in slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin is it possible to install different components and modules in each slave site with out them being installed in the master site. every time i try to install a mod or component in my main slave i get

* This extension is not found in the master site.
* Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
* Install Plugin Error
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cannot install component in slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
NO it is not possible to install an extension that is not already present in the master.
The reason is that all the extension must be installed on your master website because you share all the files and folders extensions on the disk.

The only case where you can install something without having to pre-install it, concern the "templates" (themes) that can be installed in a slave site when you provide a specific directory.
In this case, as the templates directory is specific it is allowed to install specific themes (templates).
edwin2win
graph

Re:Cannot install component in slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
ok i am going to send (attach)
File Attachment:
File Name: mod_roknavmenu_1.zip
File Size: 73519
you a package from joomlart. its a module, and plugin combo its installing using a component style installation there for jms treats it in a very funny way let me know what you think.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

I see that this extension has re-implemented the installation into a hidden component.
The objective is to modify the back-end menu to provide their implementation in place of the standard joomla one.
In addition they implement a specific install of some modules and plugins.

When you try to re-install this extension from a slave site, you receive errors because their implmentation does not use the standard joomla procedure and therefore does not cross JMS.
In addition, when you try to install this extension in a slave site, the error will result by an un-install of the files installed on the master website.
When you are in this situation, you don't have anyother solutions than delete files manually on the disk because you can not use the Joomla uninstall on the modules and plugins.
Perhaps there is another one (not yet experimented) that consist in unzip the component into the hidden directory to restore the files and try uninstalling it after. Perhaps this will perform a correct cleanup.

The only solution I see is to add the modules and plugins definition for the JMS tools to allow installing them without their specific installation.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/15 13:26 By edwin2win.

Re:Cannot install component in slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
whats the process to add them do i have to use the billable support, is that what thats for. Let me know. I don't know much php but is it possible to create a general template structure so anyone with little php knowledge could add there own extension to jms.

Just a thought with the vast number of extensions out there this would help alot to be able to add extentions at will or maybe even set jms up so that new extention tools are individual php page with the script that can just be added kinda like how the virtuemart payment plugins work.

This way users can add them then submit it to you and you will be able to review them for security and easily add them to future releases.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

It is not possible to allow customers adds any extension that are not previously installed in the master website.
If you want to do that, this means that you must have independent joomla and therefore JMS is not usefull and you should work as before (without JMS).
In other words, you have to replicate all the joomla PHP code.

The VirtueMart payment plugin DOES NOT WORKS correctly because they save all their configuration into files and the disk and therefore can NOT be used between several website. This is a known issue when working in VM in JMS.
They plugin should better work like all the joomla "global parameters" are working. In other words, save their information into the DB and not in a lot of files on the disk that does not allow to re-use the PHP code (or accept to share all their configuration to all the websites).

Concerning the add of a definition for the JMS tools, I remember you that this is not because an extension is not reviewed and not defined in JMS that it does not work.
When have plenty customer that are using JMS 1.1.x and that re-install the extension in the slave site. This JMS tools facilities is just added to avoid re-isntalling the extension in a slave site. So this is not blocking. The manual review is required because a "human" need to read the PHP code and discover how the extension install the things. Each extension has its own installation procedure that may be specific and therefore it is not possible to do it (or you must also be an expert in the JMS php code).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla