English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Moving website problems
Moving website problems 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I successfully had multisites working in my development environment.

I had the following configured:
Master site: domain.com/dev
Slave site 1: domain.com/dev/slave1
Slave site 2: domain.com/dev/slave2

They all shared the same files via symbolic links. I have since moved the websites into the root directory of my domain:

Master site: domain.com (Works Correctly)
Slave site 1: domain.com/slave1
Slave site 2: domain.com/slave2

I updated the config files with the new addresses for all three websites. The master site works correctly. However the slave sites are having trouble locating the shared files. Do i have to update the symbolic links to point to the new master address? If so, how would i go about doing this? Can it be achieved through the config files as well?

To be more specific when i go to domain.com/slave1/index.php i recieve php errors, Warning: require_once.... No such file or directory.

Thanks.
mfc48
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/10/21 09:46 By mfc48.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Moving website problems 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have moved your "master" website into another directory, you have to delete all the slave sites and rebuild them because the existings links can not be updated.

If you don't want to do such "delete", "rebuild" slave site, you can try to create a symbolic link from old master directory to the new one.

Another alternative that present a risk would be to try delete manually the symbolic links currently present in the slave site "deploed" directory and open / resave the slave site to let JMS rebuild the new symbolic link.
We can not guarantee that it will works.

We think that will be be perhaps better to create new "fresh" slave site that will use a copy of the current slave site definition with another deploy directory.
Once the slave is defined, you could re-use the current "configuration.php" to reuse the existing DB.

As you have understood, this is not easy and present some risks.

If you want that we do that with you, you can order our billable support on
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:Moving website problems 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Maybe that's a solution to my problem, I guess it could be could if there is a feature within JMS to rebuild the symlinks when there is a change of folder or URL with the same slave site.
loicm
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla