English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Editing Slave site causes several things to reset
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Editing Slave site causes several things to reset
Editing Slave site causes several things to reset 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I feel like this is a bug, but maybe it is a feature?

When I open up a Slave site in the Multisites component to make a change (I was resetting the admin password..) I noticed that it also automatically reset a bunch of items:

- Main Menu "Home" item was copied over from the master site, creating two "default" homepages for the slave site
- My template became unselected
- Several modules disappeared and had to be re-created (Custom HTML modules, mainmenu modules)

I believe that's all, but there may have bene more.

In this case, I was working with a slave site that was in early development, so it was not a big issue for me to re-create the missing elements.

However, if this was a fully developed site and I had everything reset on me, it would have been horrible.

Is there anything I can know about to prevent this from happening the next time around?

Phil
psmith
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Editing Slave site causes several things to reset 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Phil,

I don't understand the detail that allow us to reproduce it.
All I can tell you is that JMS perform a refresh of your websites when you are using a slave site create from a JMS Templates. In this case, it try syncrhonizing them to add the new extension and new entries.

If you have filled the admin emial and passsword it will be reset like it would have be done when you create a website from the front-end
edwin2win
graph

Re:Editing Slave site causes several things to reset 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
You mean that if you change or delete the templates that help created the slave sites, the latter are automatically changed or deleted ?
loicm
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Editing Slave site causes several things to reset 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
correct unless your sharing rules you set it so that all slave site have their own template folders. if you are sharing then you delete it from where you shared it from then obviously it will be gone in the other sites to.

example: you have internet connection you pay for. You get a wireless router and you let me share you connection cause i am your neighbor.

do not pay the bill and it get disconnected will I still have the internet. Answer is no since you let me share yours once your is gone so i mine. Definition of sharing.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla