English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Template (theme) install error
Template (theme) install error 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi all,

I'm trying to install a template on a slave site (joomla 1.5.14, JMS 1.2.11), but Joomla gives me this error:

* This extension is not found in the master site.
* Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
* Install Template Error

This error is strange as templates (themes) directory is not linked, but created from scratch. I tryied, then, to install this template on the master site too, but the error still remains. I knew that these kind of limitations applied only to modules/plugins/components. Am I missing something ?

On the master site, the theme works perfectly.. so the package is not corrupted or bad formed, but I can't install it on slave sites
anx
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/11/03 18:55 By anx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Template (theme) install error 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
You have 3 method to define how a templates directory my be created for a slave site.
1) The slave templates directory = a link to the master directory. In this case, you have to installt the new template in the master website and it will be available in the slave site.
2) The slave template directory = a directory in which you have symbolic link for the subdirecrtories. In this case, this means that you have create the themes folder" with a "special" copy of the master website. Normally , you can add new themes in the slave site but for exsting website, they must be managed in the master website
3) The slave template directory = a copy of the master directory. In this case the slave site themes directory is independent and you can install slave themes independently of the master.

So you have to check how you have configured the slave site and check how the "templates" directory is created.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla