English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jom Socail Multisite Sharing rule
Jom Socail Multisite Sharing rule 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey just thought i would let you know that there are some flaws in the concept of the JMS sharing of certain components. For example Jom Social

Ok here is what i mean. I have to sites.

Site 1 shares jomsocial with site 2. site to allow user to submit articles and content. jomsocial is publish on site one so users can view their profile. When a submits content on site two the action is also shown one site one hence sharing. But the link on site one is not to the article on site two. so if anyone clicks the link form site one its a 404 error due to the fact that the article is located one site two.

This type of error will have for every plugin that is created for jomsocial that shows links unless the plugin is rewritten for multisites. The easiest way to avoid this is full content sharing built in to multisites.

If content is submitted om site to needs to be added to site one. Or every jomsocial plug must be rewritten.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Jom Socail Multisite Sharing rule 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have specific plugin that access both jomsocial and content effectivelly it can not works.

If this case, the only solution is to create a special "multisites plugin" that would use the "article sharing" instead of the joomla articles.

It is not possible to use the same method to share the joomla content because if you try to do that, this mean that you have to share the "whole websites" and not only the articles. Just have a look into the Joomla data model and table dependencies. The content table can be accessed by plenty of extension.

So the solution is either to use the JMS "share whole web site" or rewrite the plugin for multisites.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Jom Socail Multisite Sharing rule 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
yea unfortunately the plugin i am talking about is built right into jomsocial its the activity stream feature. I guess that would mean a hack. Then if thats the case sharing jomsocial is a bad idea as it has a lot of feature like this. the sharing rule for jomsocial needs to have a check to see with site had the activity and ad that sites url to posted links don't even know if thats possible

on a side could you set your forum to send out email to replys to posts. i never get them if you already have it setup this way. I checked my spam box nothing
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/05 01:03 By lexxy2000.

Re:Jom Socail Multisite Sharing rule 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
For the moment, I have no solution to propose for JomSocial plugins.
If you want to send us a document or a video that show in detail the scenario to reproduce the issue, we could have a look next year.

Concerning the forum and automatic email notification, it is not setup and we don't see how we could setup such things.
We are still using a very old version of the forum and we have not time to upgrade to a newer version.

We are too busy with an update of JMS 1.2.x and after doing review for Joomla 1.6!.
Sorry but our priority is to review all existing stuff with Joomla 1.6 that is a huge workload and that unfortunatelly will not provide any new functionalities (just be fully compatible).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla