English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jomsocial - sharing
Jomsocial - sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Few questions..... when i share jomsocial, is it just the user and profile shared between websites? but for instance, if i install individual jomsocial plugins to the slave sites, that are not shared... will that limit the data (ie activity stream, wall posts, etc) associated with these plugins to be shown only the slave site with the plugin, for that user? So for instance, I share jomsocial accross the board. But I have individual jomsocial wall and activity plugins on each slave - when the user is signed into the slave site, they would only see thier activity for that individual slave site.

-niite
niite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Jomsocial - sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
When you share JomSocial, you should have the joomla user shared, jomsocial table shared and therefore all the jomsocial modules and plugins that use the JomSocial tables will use "shared" information.

I don't see how you could install an individual jomsocial plugin that would not be shared (as soon as it access MySQL shared table).

When you are using the JMS share extension, this share the MySQL table relative to this extension.
Therefore all the website that are sharing this extension will see exactly the same information whatever the website.
So it is not possible to filter or restrict the information for a specific slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Jomsocial - sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
When you share JomSocial, you should have the joomla user shared, jomsocial table shared and therefore all the jomsocial modules and plugins that use the JomSocial tables will use "shared" information.

I don't see how you could install an individual jomsocial plugin that would not be shared (as soon as it access MySQL shared table).

When you are using the JMS share extension, this share the MySQL table relative to this extension.
Therefore all the website that are sharing this extension will see exactly the same information whatever the website.
So it is not possible to filter or restrict the information for a specific slave site.

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted my question. Sorry about the dumb question.

Have you ever seen anyone implement some sort of acl extension that allowed additional groups so that I could restrict slave sites jomsocial users based on the group I have them assigned too? Or is this something coming out in joomla 1.6 that I should wait for?

-niite
niite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I know that Joomla 1.6 alpha2 has new things that we have not yet experimeted.
With JMS 1.2.14, you can already test some JMS on Joomla 1.6.
We still consider JMS on joomla 1.6 as alpha because we have not yet tested everyrthing and we know some issues when uninstall extension from a slave site.

Otherwise, if you want to test the new Joomla 1.6 alpha2 ACL, this should be possible with JMS.
I don't know if JomSocial is already compatible Joomla 1.6.
For the moment, we have not found any extension already comptaible with Joomla 1.6.
All the extension that we have tested has failed during the joomla 1.6 installation or has failed during their processing under joomla 1.6 (not related to JMS).

For the moment, perhaps we are the first extension compatible joomla 1.6

In joomla 1.5, amoung all the extension that we have defined for the JMS tools, Noix ACL seems to be a good candidate.
We have not analyzed in detail the possibilities but our first feeling is that the way that Noix ACL has implemented the control seems to be good and flexible. So perhaps it could be possible they do what you expect. (Can not promis you).
edwin2win
graph

Re:Jomsocial - sharing 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
I know that Joomla 1.6 alpha2 has new things that we have not yet experimeted.
With JMS 1.2.14, you can already test some JMS on Joomla 1.6.
We still consider JMS on joomla 1.6 as alpha because we have not yet tested everyrthing and we know some issues when uninstall extension from a slave site.

Otherwise, if you want to test the new Joomla 1.6 alpha2 ACL, this should be possible with JMS.
I don't know if JomSocial is already compatible Joomla 1.6.
For the moment, we have not found any extension already comptaible with Joomla 1.6.
All the extension that we have tested has failed during the joomla 1.6 installation or has failed during their processing under joomla 1.6 (not related to JMS).

For the moment, perhaps we are the first extension compatible joomla 1.6

In joomla 1.5, amoung all the extension that we have defined for the JMS tools, Noix ACL seems to be a good candidate.
We have not analyzed in detail the possibilities but our first feeling is that the way that Noix ACL has implemented the control seems to be good and flexible. So perhaps it could be possible they do what you expect. (Can not promis you).

Ok thanks - I'll give it a try. I'm sure I can segment my users that way to the appopriate slave sites for jomsocial. My concern is though, that once they are in jomsocial they'll still see all users, If so I need to find something for jomsocial as well (if there is anything). I'll let you know the results either way.

-niite
niite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

As you say, when you share jomsocial between 2 websites, you will see all the users.
I don't know if there is a plugin or module or whatever that can filter the records on the flyw to avoid JomSocial display everything.

As I have explained, when you share an extension, you share the MySQL tables between website and therefore you share all the records of the tables (not a part of them).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/12/11 07:20 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla