English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url
Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I am currently using Joomla V 1.5.15 and JoomlaMultisites V 1.2.14.
I have set up my master (www.mydomain.com) and slave site (www.subdomain_aaa.mydomain.com) sharing a database (prefixes master_ and slave_) and it is ready to go live.

I intended to replicate the sites:
www.subdomain_bbb.mydomain.com
www.subdomain_ccc.mydomain.com
etc., on roll-out.

I have just applied for an SSL Certificate for the sites and am told that I cannot use subdomains with an SSL certificate, but I can use subdirectories. e.g.
www.mydomain.com/subdirectory_aaa
www.mydomain.com/subdirectory_bbb
www.mydomain.com/subdirectory_ccc

My question is, how do I now achieve changing the existing slave site from
www.subdomain_aaa.mydomain.com
to
www.mydomain.com/subdirectory_aaa

and then, what settings do I use to execute the replication into further subdirectories using the same db?

Regards
Tim
timsimon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
In JMS, you can define as many synonyms as you want in a single slave site.

For example you can define
site id = slave1
domain = www.slave1.domain.com
+ slave1.domain.com
+ domain.com/slave1
+ www.domain.com/slave1

JMS is able to parse all those syntax and assign them to the same slave site.

So just edit the slave site definition and add the new synonyms.
I advise you to put the "default" one in the first place because sometime JMS can use the first domain that you provide for specific purpose (perhaps you are not concerned - case of the Multisite Menu Item that create full link based on the first domain name present in a slave site).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/12/09 19:01 By edwin2win.

Re:Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin
You said: "So just edit the slave site definition and add the new synonyms"

Exactly where should I be editing the existing slave site definition?
timsimon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
- Go in JMS manage site.
- Select the radio button of the slave site that you want to modify
- Click on the edit button in the top right
- When you are in the the site form, go in the "domain" field and put as many lines as you want with all the http:// synonyms
- Click on save button

That all to edit and modify a slave site
edwin2win
graph

Re:Change a subdomain site url to a subdirectory url 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
OK, that's what I thought, but when I do that I get pages of errors:-

Create table error [1066] on query [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_acesef_extensions LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_acesef_extensions`]. DB Error: Not unique table/alias: 'it_acesef_extensions' SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_acesef_extensions LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_acesef_extensions`
Create table error [1066] on query [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_acesef_urls LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_acesef_urls`]. DB Error: Not unique table/alias: 'it_acesef_urls' SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_acesef_urls LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_acesef_urls`
Create table error [1066] on query [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_acesef_urls_moved LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_acesef_urls_moved`]. DB Error: Not unique table/alias: 'it_acesef_urls_moved' SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_acesef_urls_moved LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_acesef_urls_moved`
Create table error [1066] on query [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_alpha_rating LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_alpha_rating`]. DB Error: Not unique table/alias: 'it_alpha_rating' SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS it_alpha_rating LIKE `skillsfo_skills`.`it_alpha_rating`

...... and so on for every table.

Is it trying to create a new slave site?
All I want to do is make the same existing slave site accessible using a subdirectory style url (www.mydomain.com/subdirectory) when it was originally set up as a subdomain style url (www.subdomain.mydomain.com).
Regards Tim
timsimon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

It seems effectivelly that your server try to recreate the table.
Which version of MySQL are you using ?

If you have a look in the statement, the statement is IF the table does not exists then create it.
Therefore if you receive an error that say that the table already exists this is theorically impossible as it has to test if the table exists before.
This looks like a bug in MySQL that would not process correctly the statement or perhaps a specific MySQL user privileges that does not give the permission to test when a table is present.

So if you have a dedicated server or if you have the MySQL root login, I suggest that you verify the MySQL user privileges with PHPMyAdmin (if you have the root login) or report the issue to your hosting provider to try understand why the "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS" return a creation error.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla