English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.php
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.php
Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.php 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I'm using multisites and article sharing. I have created a master site and two fresh slave sites (stored on master server but using addon domains) on seperate domains.

When i try to access any of the shared articles on the slave sites i get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'JConfig_' not found in /administrator/components/com_multisites/libraries/joomla/jms2winfactory.php on line 104

Master site is fine. And normal content is fine, just the shared articles that are causing this problem. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
J
mfc48
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.ph 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I have the same error.

In Master site, I can create a new menu using the Articles from the Slave site. But I want my slave to create a new menu using the article from the Master/Template site.

Am I understanding it right? The slave site will be able to create a New menu item to show the articles from the Master/Template site.

Let us know.
EM:huh:
hardworking
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.ph 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The reason is an invalid configuration.php files that has a PHP syntax error and that does not allow to be processed by PHP.
The most frequent reason is that you have entered a text in the title of the site containing an apostrophe.

Check the sitename, fromname and MetaDesc that are the most frequent fields that could create an error.
Here it is a sample

correct -> var $sitename = 'localhost - JMS2Win - Slave 1';
incorrect -> var $sitename = 'localhost - 'JMS2Win' - Slave 1';

The error is that apostrophe is added around 'JMS2Win'

Share articles but also multisite menu item, reads all the configuration.php of all the slave sites defined under JMS.
The error can be located in any slave sites configuration.php file.

If you have a PHP debugger application, you can just open each configuration.php files to see which one contain a PHP syntax error.

To identify which configuration.php has the error, you can rename them into "old" and restore their "configuration.php" name one by one until you discover which configuration.php file contain the syntax error

Check also that configuration.php file contain a PHP end marker at the end of the files "?>"
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/12/31 10:14 By edwin2win.

Re:Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.ph 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
If this error occurs in the "Article Sharing for JMS" and only in a slave site, you should check the wrapper of the master configuration.php file.
Perhaps you will have two wrapper inside the files (a old JMS wrapper and the new JMS wrapper 1.2.14)

Normally you should have
<?php
//_jms2win_begin v1.2.14
.... The JMS wrapper ...
//_jms2win_end
class JConfig {
. . . .
var $offline_message = '.......';
}
//_jms2win_begin
}
//_jms2win_end
?>

The comment
//_jms2win_begin v1.2.14
must directly follow the <?php

If you have something between the <?php and the comment, this probably mean that you have a merge of two wrapper.

If you have this error, you can try rebuild the master configuration file when you edit the global configuration and resave it.
This should re-install a correct wrapper.

Another solution would consist by a manual fix and edit the configuration file to remove the double wrapper and just keep the v1.2.14
Becarefull that when you remove the old wrapper, you also have to remove a "}" at the end of the file.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/01/01 18:10 By edwin2win.

Re:Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.php 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have the same error message. But, I know why I'm getting the error. I moved to a new server and the server path to the www folder has changed.

Old path: /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/configuration.php

New Path: /var/www/configuration.php

How can I update Multi Sites with this path change? I tried re-installing Multi-Sites and it did not change this path. (I'm hoping it is saved in a config file somewhere and is easily changed)

Thanks,

Shane
srushik
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Class 'JConfig_' not found in jms2winfactory.php 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
First, check the version of JMS that you are using.
Similar problem was solved in recent JMS.

See JMS 1.2.17 release note in the FAQ
www.jms2win.com/faq/change-history-v12x
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla