English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sharing joomla users
Sharing joomla users 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
hi i have installed JMS Multisite i have made a slave site "honoluluhi" i got the joomla installer and installed joomla in the dir i then made a template that uses the maer db because i want the users from the americasnightlife.com to be shared with the users from honoluluhi.americasnightlife.com so basically i want the users so when they navigate between the to domains/joomla sites to stay signed in. please tell me if this is right or if not how do i get this done.
anlbuzz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sharing joomla users 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
YES to share the users, you have to create a JMS templates as shown in the tutorial video 16
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16

Concerning your requirement of Single Sign-In accross domain, as this is explained in our product detail, this is NOT possible.
The single sign-in only works when using the same domain name. In other words when you have slave site in subdomain or subdirectories.
See last sentence in the "Single Sign-in" section.
www.jms2win.com/download

So you when using different domain, you will be able to share the users but your customers will have to re-login.
They can use the "remember" check box to simplify their re-login.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/01/23 20:02 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla