English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can't get to Slave site installation
Can't get to Slave site installation 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I've watched all the tutorials, read through the manual, and searched through many threads in the forum, but I'm still having trouble. I think I am close though.

Here is the configuration I would like:

Master site:
URL - www.mydomain.com/master
Deployed directory - public_html/master

Slave sites:
URL - www.mydomain.com/slave1
Deployed directory - public_html/master/multisites/slave1

Here is what I have done so far:
When I try to go to www.mydomain.com/master, the master site displays as expecteded, but when I go to www.mydomain.com/slave1, I get "No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...". When I look at the directories in cPanel File Manager, the installation directory exists in the multisites/slave1 directory, but the configuration.php does not. I have also verified that symbolic links are allowed (I checked the "Settings" in the component). I think that the symbolic links are being added by the component because when I drill down into the multisites directory, I get recursive copies of the multisites contents. All files and directories on the multisites directory are set to 755. I tried changing all to 777, but then I got any "Internal Server Error" when I tried to access the slave site. I put the hello.php and hello.txt files in the master directory, and I can access them directly, but the redirect does not seem to get there (www.mydomain.com/slave1/hello.php).

When the component instructs "please review that domains (<domain>) are mapped to the directory (<directory>)", I assumed that this refered to putting a redirect (via cPanel) in place to "map" the URL to the proper deployed folder. I'm not sure though.

I'm assuming this is a permissions problem, but I have tried changing permissions to 777 with no luck. Can some one please make a suggestion?

Thanks,
Luke D.
luked
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't get to Slave site installation 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
First, if you want to create a slave site into a SUBDIRECTORY like www.domaiin.com/slave1 then you don't have to setup the cPanel as the domain is already defined.

Second, it is forbidden to use cPanel redirection because this change the parameters.
Only cPanel subdomain, addon domain and park domain can be used.

Finally, you say that you want slave1 in directory "public_html/slave1" and after you say that you have redirected the slave site into "public_html/multisites/slave1". This is inconsistent.
If you want to have the slave1 into the "public_html/slave1" you have to specify this path in the JMS deploy folder like "{root}/slave1". Don't forget to create the directory.

So you have to check that the "public_html/slave1" exists and that you have all the symbolic links present in it. You can also use the "hello.php" in this "public_html/slave1" to check that you have the correct path and that you can access it.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Can't get to Slave site installation 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for your reply. With your suggestions, I was able to get everything working. Once I realized that I should not be using redirects to accomplish this, I looked for another solution. By specifying the "Deployed directory" the component was creating symbolic links in my slave site directory. I just needed a way to get from www.mydomain.com/slave1 to the public_html/master/multisites/slave1 directory. For this I manually created a symbolic link using SSH and the ln command. It works great. Now to work out Virtuemart with multisite.

Thanks again,
Luke D.
luked
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There is the JMS alias field in the manage site that can do the same.
So you can continute deploy the slave site in the {site_dir} and create an alias in {root}/{site_id}
edwin2win
graph

Re: Can't get to Slave site installation 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I read about that on another thread. When I tried to use it I couldn't get that field to save, so I decided to try the manual method. I wasn't completely sure how it worked anyway Do you have an idea of why I can't get it to save? I clicked the "Save" icon, but when I go back in to edit, the "Create an alias link" field is blank again. The other way works fine, but it would be nice to know if I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Luke D.
luked
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

No Idaes.
Perhaps you provided a wrong path that cause an error and result by stop processing - I don't know.

You can also directly deploy the slave site into {root}/{site_id}
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla